• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Store sales

DSKent

Reaction score
Been thinking of going to NM and Saks to load up on some things. But I'm a bit confused as to when their sales this month are.

Also, I never really shopped at Neimans before since there weren't ever any near where I lived. Now that there is one really convenient to where I am, could someone please explain the whole first call/last call thing? It seems to me that they have some small discounts at first call and some much bigger ones at the last call, and then after that they ship everything to their outlet stores (which, aside from a nice Kiton shirt I once found, never really seem to have anything that great). Do they run discounts on everything (including shoes) during these sales?

Thanks.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
neiman marcus will mark things down further after christmas so you might want to wait. they mark down a lot of items, from what i'm told, but not everything. i was at saks last week and they had very few things on sale. what was on sale was only 25% off.

itzamazing

Reaction score
Saks started its ACT 1 sale this week. (25-33%) off regular prices.
This sale will run through Christmas, with the Act 2 sale beginning the day after Christmas (30% off the already reduced price). After that sometime in january, the Finale sale will start. (60% and up off original prices).

Neimans should follow a similar pattern. Although I am not too sure.
The have the First Call sale, then 2nd call, then Last Call. (see the Saks percentages for markdowns at each stage).

You should become friendly with a sales associate at Saks or Neimans, because before each new markdown, they offer a pre-sale. A good SA will call you and let you know and can even put aside items which may be to your liking, and you wont have to worry about fighting the crowd for your size.

Barney's winter sale started the day after Thansgiving (30-40% off original prices. Come January you can find these things marked down over 60%.

For the most part right now is not the best time pricewise, although if you really have your eye on something I would grab it. I know that retailers have said they are not doing heavy pre Xmas discounts but you should be able to find stuff if you wait, especially for men.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics