• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starcraft 2

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WSW
The Protoss units were really weak for a supposedly superior race. The scout was their most powerful fighter even though it was a scout ship and the carrier had less hp than the battlecruiser. Archons needed to be at least 3x as powerful. There's no way that any unit realistically survives one of those pys blasts. Etc. Etc.

Also, why did the force from earth have the same units as the terrans? That didn't make sense. You'd think that earth would come up with better ships than the same ole battlecruiser, like a death star type ship.

Whoa, I never thought of that last point. That's pretty messed up. Maybe they got the idea of the BC from Earth when they left, and so they're actually relatively more technologically advanced than the stagnating Earth?

And the Carrier was the coolest thing ever. Or rather, cheating and building twelve of them was the coolest thing ever.

I wish I was in 7th grade again.

WSW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seanchai
Whoa, I never thought of that last point. That's pretty messed up. Maybe they got the idea of the BC from Earth when they left, and so they're actually relatively more technologically advanced than the stagnating Earth?

And the Carrier was the coolest thing ever. Or rather, cheating and building twelve of them was the coolest thing ever.

I wish I was in 7th grade again.

That also doesn't make sense since the Terrans were all descended from convicts. That's like saying Australia in the 18th century developed much more advanced technology than the British. Also, the Earth was doing well, which was what allowed them to send the expeditionary force to take on the three other races and to try to conquer that system. This also reminds me of 7th grade, when we would argue crap like this all day and night.

Anyone else remember when having 12 carriers fully loaded with interceptors lagged the game to death? Ah, the memories of 56kbp modems.

adversity04

Reaction score
I remember all my carriers dying to massed goliaths
frown.gif
People who actually micromanaged......arg!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nerds

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
i'm in ur Warhammer, steelin ur intellectual property...

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
What IP are you referring to?

WH40K:
marine-vignette.jpg

SC:
Starcraft-Marines3.jpg

WH40K:
tyranid4leghivetyrantfront.jpg

SC:
hydralisk.gif

Eldar - ancient, wise race who rely on high technology and shields
Protoss - Ancient race who rely on high tech units with plasma shields

Space Marines - Defenders of humanity equipped with heavy biomechanical armor
Terran Space Marines - ditto

Tyranids - hive-like swarming race overwhelming the galaxy that incorporates the genes of its foes into new breeds
Zerg - ditto

A charitable man might call it a tribute...an uncharitable one might have this reaction:

20060410.jpg

I don't particularly care, Blizzard has given us a lot of games with its extensive "borrowings", but it's just funny to know where it came from...and now WH40K has it's own awesome game in the form of Dawn of War, so I can finally have fun in that universe without investing $30,000 in miniatures. I never got the appeal of the table-top thing, just seemed WAY to nerdily time-consuming.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I collected the guys from WH40k for awhile but never actually played the game. I enjoyed painting them. I probably had a good 40-50 fully painted units. This is when I Was like.. 16?

Warcraft = rip off of Warhammer. Starcraft = rip off of WH40k. I agree though, blizz makes great games so im not complaining.

Though I am looking forward to WAR.

zhouyu

Reaction score
the new protoss units look awesome...
Zealots with a rush ability, big ass units that can walk across cliffs...

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Any word on when this comes out yet?

It's anyone's guess. Blizz isn't publicly traded, so they don't have to deal with the same deadlines that most companies do. They have always taken the stance of "It's done when it's done."

The first idea we will get of when it might be out will come with the public beta testes.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the Protoss carriers, that was one of my favorite weapons.

Those zerg flying battleships were great too.

Had some good times playing this game over my friend's house in like 1998. He had 4 comps in his room so it made for some good team games.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads