• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standing Samurai S0500XX

morse9443

Reaction score
Just got these in the mail from BIG. I Thought they were going to be too small at first, but I wore them during the soak and got no waist shrinkage. Now they fit perfect. Here's some great pics of them standing up after the first soak, as well as some post-soak fit pics with a crap camera and a cracked mirror. Absolutely love these so far, can't say enough about the feel of the denim. More pics to come..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/25793404@N07/ (sorry for the link. No clue how to post photos)
smile.gif

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
To post photos, go to fotki.com, upload the pictures one by one from the home page and resize to 640x480...then copy the links into your post--only copy from
, don't include anything outside of the img brackets

About the jeans, I don't feel the fit, looks a little weird around the knees

morse9443

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hustlenflo22
To post photos, go to fotki.com, upload the pictures one by one from the home page and resize to 640x480...then copy the links into your post--only copy from
, don't include anything outside of the img brackets

About the jeans, I don't feel the fit, looks a little weird around the knees

Thanks for the help on posting photos. What do you mean by weird? They actually fit almost exactly like 501's. Maybe it's tough to tell in the shi**y photos. I'll get some better shots posted soon.

morse9443

Reaction score
Originally Posted by morse9443
Thanks for the help on posting photos. What do you mean by weird? They actually fit almost exactly like 501's. Maybe it's tough to tell in the shi**y photos. I'll get some better shots posted soon.
By weird = baggier around the knee and down? These Samurai's aren't made to be extra tight + I may be a little old for the super-tapered look anyway. Liking the baggier bootcut look, and loving the jeans. Too bad the S0500XX contest is over, because I'm aiming for the ultimate fade.
smile.gif
Updates to follow....

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
i wouldn't call it a baggier bootcut at all.... more of a slim, slightly taperd fit.

the middle pic above you posted is the exact fit I've been looking for in a japanese brand.

Picked up a pair from BiG last week as well. good luck with em.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just for future reference, there is a "post pics of denim" thread here somewhere here that this probably would have been suitable for.

morse9443

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Holy crap, I didn't realize they were so stiff. Looking good. I just got a pair this last week also, I hot soaked the **** out of mine so they're a little tighter.
Those look great man. What size did you get? I just luke warm soaked for 20 minutes while wearing. Again, Gordon hemmed mine before shipping, but you definitely got some more shrinkage (horizontal) than me in the area below the knee.

morse9443

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
i wouldn't call it a baggier bootcut at all.... more of a slim, slightly taperd fit.

the middle pic above you posted is the exact fit I've been looking for in a japanese brand.

Picked up a pair from BiG last week as well. good luck with em.

Yea I agree - Slight taper from Knee to leg opening. Similar to 501's up top, but not as wide on the bottom. Again, very happy so far and I highly recommend these for the feel of the denim alone - slubby as can be. Good luck with yours as well. We'll have to compare fades at the end of the summer.
smile.gif

Style_Deficit

Reaction score
OK, this is honestly the first time I've seen a pair of jeans standing up on their own.

I just didn't know they could ... do that.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Just for future reference, there is a "post pics of denim" thread here somewhere here that this probably would have been suitable for.
I wouldn't mind a thread devoted to standing jeans and other denim stunts. I never tire of seeing it.
alien.gif

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style_Deficit
OK, this is honestly the first time I've seen a pair of jeans standing up on their own.

I just didn't know they could ... do that.

Yeah, I thought a ghost was wearing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads