• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soporific Tie Pr0n

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, the rules specificially state that you may have one link to a webstore or a blog, though we may soon be changing the rule to just a non-commercial blog or tumblr, so that things are not ambiguous. An Ebay webstore does not count. Take it off. You can put Ebay listings on B&S - but please read the rules and follow them to the letter and the spirit, or I'll have to delete your entries, same as for anyone else.

Re. pictures of interesting stuff - there's a hazy line. If I see that someone never posts except for things that they are selling, I will take this as an example breaking the most important rule of Styleforum, which is "Do not try to game the system" or else "We will come down upon you with furious vengeance." Remember, there is no appeal to rule of law here. We have never pretended that Styleforum is anything but a beneficent despotic state, and my "hunch" is law. So, it would behoove everyone to not push the .

Charlie may complain, but since this is not an affiliate thread, affiliates don't have protections here more than any other member.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sweet jayzus, fellas. Asking to keep a thread focused is not tyranny, and digressing is not a capital offense. Everyone lighten up.

This. Also, please be aware that meandering threads are the rule on Styleforum. If you want a thread to stay on topic, recruit a dubiously honored member to make one and to regulate it.

jchosko

Reaction score

Vintage Ancient Madders: one from Liberty of London, the other from Robert Talbott.

Last edited:

SHS

Reaction score
I find that many ties are asymmetric in the tip. The sides in the V-shape are not of the same length. Is there a traditional explanation for this?

SHS

Reaction score
Lol, perhaps. I don't have any high class ties, so perhaps you could tell me if the same applies to better ties?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honestly, I've never paid much attention to it, so I may have ties with similar issues and be blissfully unaware.

SHS

Reaction score
Yes, I only just discovered it today. Interesting if there is some sort of tradition behind it, or if it is because of a construction technique.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just measured the tie I have on, and its sides are even. Made by Drakes.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a several Thomas Pink ties with unevenness; it bothered me at first, but no longer. All my "better" ties...Hober, Drakes, Panta, etc...don't have this problem, so I'm assuming that it may stem from sloppiness rather than anything else.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
I have a several Thomas Pink ties with unevenness; it bothered me at first, but no longer. All my "better" ties...Hober, Drakes, Panta, etc...don't have this problem, so I'm assuming that it may stem from sloppiness rather than anything else.

Ties such as Thomas Pink have a fancy name but I doubt they are made o the highest standards. They are probably made inside out and turned the right way by a machine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads