Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Some sticker shock at wilkes bashford san francisco...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by john_sf, Jan 18, 2013.

1. john_sf

john_sf Well-Known Member

I need some new suits made this year - perhaps two or three. The last time I had a MTM suit made was in 2008 and it was a Samuelsohn. Three piece suit, roughly $2800 or so ? Perfectly happy with it.

I was expecting to step up a bit in price since, at WB, I would be looking at Zegna and Brioni.

However I was not expecting the Zegna range to be $5-$8k and Brioni to *start* at $12k. Again, nothing special here, just the standard MTM lines from each of these makers.

In addition, I need another batch of custom shirts made, and the range at WB was (roughly) $400-$800 per shirt.

I'd like to be at $4-$6k per three piece suit and $150 per shirt and my question is: is this just a WB problem, or are the Zegna/Brioni MTM programs really that far out of my price range ?

Thanks.

2. cosmic

cosmic Well-Known Member

At that price, go bespoke. Savile Row or Naples bespoke is $4-5k, I'm sure SF has a tailor at those prices also