• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you want football to die?

Why would it die if a sustainably run club with good support wins the European Cup and a country which has focussed on youth and exciting play wins the Euros?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why would it die if a sustainably run club with good support wins the European Cup and a country which has focussed on youth and exciting play wins the Euros?

made in jest. germany is the arch enemy.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

made in jest. germany is the arch enemy.

Oh you're Austrian. I'm English and I want them to win. Hopefully get beheaded for treason rather than hanged drawn and quartered.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh you're Austrian. I'm English and I want them to win. Hopefully get beheaded for treason rather than hanged drawn and quartered.

right you are. i still struggle with the decision against england in the world cup.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How many chances did Van Persie get??

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

rest of post is fine but the last line, you mean 2nd in a row vs madrid or 2nd game in a row ? either case, CR has 42 goals vs 41 for messi, you can hardly say CR been better for last couple of months calm down with the exaggerations :laugh:
7099750195_31f7dff13c_o.gif

Would have to disagree. Messi scored a ton of goals early in the season but he as dropped off. Ronaldo has hit 7, yes, 7 hat tricks this season.

He's been devastating lately and yes, for the last few months has been the better player. He's now got more goals, points in hand for the league and has eclipsed Messi head to head. Should Real advance in the CL and Barca not, its a done deal... he's deserving the next World Player of the Year award.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been very impressed with the way that the Germans have been playing in the past several years (since 06 WC really), and they are a credit to the sport at the moment. Fun to watch.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

apropos. it was said that real paid two millions of his salary/year. officials didn't confirm this.

I am not sure it is all about the money. He said, at his press conference, that his future is not in Europe. I think he is a class player.

tullytra

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/se...coach-alberto-malesani-home-stadium-ban-looms

This made me chuckle. Why would anyone rehire a manager whom they fired earlier in the season, and why would a manager go back to a club where he was fired earlier in the season?

It's the second time Genoa has sacked Malesani this campaign.

Malesani was first fired in December after a 6-1 thrashing by Napoli, but Genoa was equal on points with the ninth-place team at the time. Malesani was rehired earlier this month after Pasquale Marino was fired.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was half-heartedly watching manu and turned off after nani scored :wow:

Roma - ancore merde

Who saw the craziness in Genoa?! :crazy:

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/se...coach-alberto-malesani-home-stadium-ban-looms
This made me chuckle. Why would anyone rehire a manager whom they fired earlier in the season, and why would a manager go back to a club where he was fired earlier in the season?
It's the second time Genoa has sacked Malesani this campaign.
Malesani was first fired in December after a 6-1 thrashing by Napoli, but Genoa was equal on points with the ninth-place team at the time. Malesani was rehired earlier this month after Pasquale Marino was fired.

iirc, this has happened a few times in serie a....

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am not sure it is all about the money. He said, at his press conference, that his future is not in Europe. I think he is a class player.

my statement was how schalke could afford him w/o breaking the bank.

i have read the article about the press conference. well, he talked about family and such. tbh, gelsenkirchen or in his case düsseldorf is not the navel of the world. it's deep rural "ruhrpott", a dying industrial region. this is not a nice place to live - quality of life is pretty low with all the pollution and circumstances.

he is indeed a class player.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have been very impressed with the way that the Germans have been playing in the past several years (since 06 WC really), and they are a credit to the sport at the moment. Fun to watch.

it's always the pov. i wouldn't deny, that they have their qualities. i'm biased, though.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my statement was how schalke could afford him w/o breaking the bank.
i have read the article about the press conference. well, he talked about family and such. tbh, gelsenkirchen or in his case düsseldorf is not the navel of the world. it's deep rural "ruhrpott", a dying industrial region. this is not a nice place to live - quality of life is pretty low with all the pollution and circumstances.
he is indeed a class player.

He won't live in the city itself, he'll be an hour or an hour and a half away and even in a dump of a city he'll earn/have the savings to give himself a quality of life virtually unrivalled in the town. Look at Stoke hiring good players, the place itself is a complete shithole but there's some nice countryside around and most of their players will be living in Shropshire or Cheshire rather than Hanley.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix