• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So... Sexuality is a Choice...

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
Genes and environment, man. Genes and environment.
+1
Originally Posted by Squall.Leonhart
Well, I think that the "lifestyle" (as in walking around flamboyantly in ass-less chaps or something) is a choice, but what you are attracted to, you cannot choose. It's also interesting to note that homosexuality is present in other species, not only humans.
+1 Culture has a lot to do with it and homosexuality is apparent in over 500 species.
Originally Posted by PolePosition
Darwinism argues against homosexuality. Survival of the fittest
I stopped reading your post after this. I'm no scientist but evolution and natural selection is not "survival of the fittest". Also, Darwinism doesn't argue against homosexuality. Within any species there are good genes and bad genes. They both survive within a population. Using your argument, heterosexuality would weed out weaker / dumber males. Have your read the CE lately?
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Ataturk
Your grasp of logic is, uh, wanting.
My logic is just fine. If one is to "choose" one's sexuality, then one must have something to choose from. In my original post I said (as a simplification) that one can choose between **** and hetero sexuality. To choose one or the other it follows that one must have both to choose from. If it continues to be a choice then one must have both **** and heterosexual tendencies. One can't choose something that doesn't exist. So, it follows that if one chooses to be heterosexual, then one must have homosexual tendencies as well. Also, if this were true, we'd all be bisexual. QED
Did you choose to be alive? No. If you shot yourself in the head, would you choose not to be alive? Yeah.
This is a complete strawman. What does this have to do with ****/hetero sexuality? My premise is that one has a choice in one's sexuality.
To the OP--anyone who has ever been attracted to someone knows that it's not a choice. On the other hand we know that sexual attraction and arousal are in a large part learned, so I find the idea that people are "born that way" to be even more ridiculous.
I think you just answered your own question. If attraction is "not a choice" then a person must have been born that way, no? Sexuality is admittedly complicated. I'm just trying to point out that one may be able to make a choice about who one has sex with but one can't change one's orientation to the extent of switching from **** to hetero sexuality. Similar to turning a light on and off.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the op must be one of the dumbest things i've ever read.

i think the argument generally is homosexuality is a choice. heterosexuality is the default position and thus there is no choice.

i think this is the first time i realized that there are actually dumb people in this forum. i thought they were fantasy unicorns that people talked about in the CEsspool.

you also need to distinguish between having homosexual tendencies and acting upon them. we're all born with whatever tendencies. whether or not you choose to have a homosexual lifestyle is a choice. the tendency (ie your seuxality) may not a choice, but the act of sticking a kack in a male's anus is a choice.

@somethingscientist mr. biologist, somewhat of the same argument. regardless of whether there is a genetic predisposition for teh geyhs to stick their kack in another male's anus it's their choice to stick it in. sociopaths have a genetic predisposition to be a sociopath. this doesn't mean they are justified from acting on it. this amounts to the same argument as internet nerds argue when they say "i have asperger's. i'm genetically predisposed against finding myself a girl." this doesn't excuse yourself from propagating your progeny.

it's fine if you say i'm attracted to males and i prefer male poopholes over female peepeeholes. it's not fine to say i had no choice, i couldn't help sticking my kack in men's poopholes. everything you do is a choice. furthermore, there's no need to justify your preference. if anything that's just a sign and self apology of your guilt and insecurity.

Sucrose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
Straight people have made a decision to become homosexuals. Since those choices have been made, it would surely indicate that it is not a genetic factor but rather a decision. Therefore homosexuals are not genetically predispositioned to be unfit, they chose to be that way.

Originally Posted by JLibourel
I realize that it is an unfashionable view, but I still believe that there is often an element of volition and choice in practicing homosexuality.

Exactly how does this choice process work? Can heterosexuals really choose to be gay at will? Is the choice instantaneous? Is heterosexuality really this nebulous?

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
the op must be one of the dumbest things i've ever read.

Unfortunately, millions of people in America hold the position that homosexuality is a choice and one can just be heterosexual if they choose. (See Ted Haggard)

Originally Posted by indesertum
i think this is the first time i realized that there are actually dumb people in this forum. i thought they were fantasy unicorns that people talked about in the CEsspool.

Who are you calling dumb, exactly?
plain.gif

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Squall.Leonhart
Well, I think that the "lifestyle" (as in walking around flamboyantly in ass-less chaps or something) is a choice, but what you are attracted to, you cannot choose. It's also interesting to note that homosexuality is present in other species, not only humans.

chimps?

Originally Posted by Sucrose
Exactly how does this choice process work? Can heterosexuals really choose to be gay at will? Is the choice instantaneous? Is heterosexuality really this nebulous?

There's a lot of butt ****** in prison but those prisoners are not gay; it's just an act of dominance and sexual relieve. I know some people that loves to **** little boys too.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
I know some people that loves to **** little boys too.
Man, you must be a real hit at parties and SF get-togethers.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I realize that it is an unfashionable view, but I still believe that there is often an element of volition and choice in practicing homosexuality...

I generally agree with you simply because action is choice. I don't doubt at all that one can be genetically predisposed to preferring men over women, and that is important information for society to have, and how we see homosexuality should certainly be influenced by it, but like most theories it has led people to run around with a hammer looking for nails. It doesn't explain action, it explains preference.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I generally agree with you simply because action is choice. I don't doubt at all that one can be genetically predisposed to preferring men over women, and that is important information for society to have, and how we see homosexuality should certainly be influenced by it, but like most theories it has led people to run around with a hammer looking for nails. It doesn't explain action, it explains preference.
But this is the same with heterosexuality. GQgeek choosing to get it on with a man is no different than Magic Johnson choosing to get it on with 10,000 women.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
chimps?

There's a lot of butt ****** in prison but those prisoners are not gay; it's just an act of dominance and sexual relieve. I know some people that loves to **** little boys too.

Yet again you astound us with your intellectual rigor and conceptual acumen. You must really impress the other McFlurry chefs at MacDonald's.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
But this is the same with heterosexuality. GQgeek choosing to get it on with a man is no different than Magic Johnson choosing to get it on with 10,000 women.
That is also a choice.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Yet again you astound us with your intellectual rigor and conceptual acumen. You must really impress the other McFlurry chefs at MacDonald's.
Chefs? You mean Dessert Artisans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads