• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

so I got my first rrds earlier today...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
I'm seriously thinking about getting olas after my disappointment with the svens. They look very stylish on the nudie fit guide. My only concern is the low rise. Does anyone know what the rise measures on a 32" waist ola by the way ?

http://www.fos5.com/sizing.php

kilokore

Reaction score
er sorry guys. When I said tapered, I meant that it wouldn't have the flare/bootcut look one would expect from, say diesel zathan or sevens.

I don't know.. the thing is damned too tight.

Will the thigh area stretch out eventually? Also how long will it take for them to lose the cardboard feel so that taking them off doesn't require burning calories?

One more, should I go 30 or 31 even and go for the loose/baggy look?

I'm also contemplating if I should return it altogether.

Shoot..

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kilokore
er sorry guys. When I said tapered, I meant that it wouldn't have the flare/bootcut look one would expect from, say diesel zathan or sevens.

Will the thigh area stretch out eventually? Also how long will it take for them to lose the cardboard feel so that taking them off doesn't require burning calories?

One more, should I go 30 or 31 even and go for the loose/baggy look?

I'm also contemplating if I should return it altogether.

Shoot..

The thigh will stretch, and the jeans will loosen up if you keep wearing them. However, from the amount of displeasure you seem to have, I would say it probably makes more sense to go up a size. Just one size can make quite a bit of difference in terms of the fit in the thighs, IME.

Or you can return them, of course, though I personally love my RRs (both pairs) and I think you probably would too, if you gave them a little time to break them in.

If you want them noticeably softer and more pliable immediately, btw, you could always soak them in warm water for a while. The water will turn green from the starch/sizing, and they should be *relatively* soft after just a couple hours of wear, once they've dried off. You probably won't be able to return them after this, though.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It should be tight, but comfortably tight. If you're that apprehensive about wearing the jeans, you won't enjoy the experience. I'd say return and size up. Shameless plug: I have a NWT pair of RRDS in 30x34 in the classifieds section if you're interested.
tongue.gif

kilokore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
It should be tight, but comfortably tight. If you're that apprehensive about wearing the jeans, you won't enjoy the experience. I'd say return and size up.

Shameless plug: I have a NWT pair of RRDS in 30x34 in the classifieds section if you're interested.
tongue.gif

Agreed. btw, here's the sizing for my pair: 8" at knees and 9" at hem.. ugh.. too freaking tight.

darknworn: you mind providing the same measurement for yours? The 34" might be too long but I like the folded bottom look on these so shouldn't be a problem.

Also if you don't mind, what kind of price range are we thinking here?

Yet Fung

Reaction score
I signed up to this forum just to address this problem. I bought a pair of RRDS and also found them to be quite tight and they almost looked tapered, due to my larger thighs. The solution to this: I sprayed the leg openings with water, stuffed them with small towels until they were tight, and beat them by hand to stretch them out. Then i sprayed the knee with water and used a blowdryer to try and shrink the knee as much as possible. Basically I was just too impatient to wait for them to break in, but regardless, if you keep them they will break in nicely. RRDS is without a doubt Nudie's best jean.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I would say post some pics with them on. way too tight for you, may be fitted for me. They will stretch out quite a bit, but nonetheless, if you are having that big of a problem you shouldn't have to suffer for the first few weeks.

nomovement

Reaction score
as per the first entry, if you're wearing dunks and af1's then you should toss the 29's and get a size up for that slim thug look; but they'll only be slightly larger. maybe you don't like dry denim....its ok, we're not hurt.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. btw, here's the sizing for my pair: 8" at knees and 9" at hem.. ugh.. too freaking tight.

darknworn: you mind providing the same measurement for yours? The 34" might be too long but I like the folded bottom look on these so shouldn't be a problem.

Also if you don't mind, what kind of price range are we thinking here?

Here ya go: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=18444

seoulfully

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement
as per the first entry, if you're wearing dunks and af1's then you should toss the 29's and get a size up for that slim thug look; but they'll only be slightly larger. maybe you don't like dry denim....its ok, we're not hurt.

definitely. if you want to wear the "big" shoes, then you have to up size. most people tend to go for the skinny aesthetic with the nudies, so that's why you got the size down advice. if you keep them, they will break in. they will stretch. they will be more comfortable. granted probably not stretch enough to where you'd be happy with how they'd look with dunks, etc. (at least with the pair you have). but i agree with nomo, sounds like you are going for a baggier fit (how baggie, i have no idea). but it sounds like you'd be better off sizing up. of course if you think the bootcut is too subtle, then perhaps RRDS aren't for you. flare glenns, as suggested above, probably would've been your best bet. though i'm sure people here and other places could easily suggest a quality denim with more of a flare than the RRDSes.

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement

I don't know how Dunks could be a problem. I just got a pair of 28x34 RRDG a few days ago, and they fit over my size 11 skates. Those things are moon boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads