• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a poor wardrobe and no money to buy quality clothes...

AlexC_RS

Reaction score
Hey everyone, newbie here!

I wanted to share my problems with you on this forum.
The problem is that I have nothing to wear. I mean I do have but it is so poor, boring and old with no such thing upgraded. I also don't have any money to buy the clothes that I like.
Bear in mind that I come from Serbia, south Europe, which is one of the poorest countries and where people work for 300 euros ($350) a month!
So now you know how fcuked up is situation here where I live. I couldn't buy any clothes even on a budget (sounds absurd but it is). Often, I look on how other people around me dress - and trust me, they take credit loans from banks just to buy some clothes. And they do look bether than me!

What is worse that I have a wardrobe of a 10 year old child, and I am 20 years old so the wardrobe is pretty tiny for my clothes to fit in. My dad has five big wardrobes in my house because he used to have a lot of money in the past and he often went shopping in famous European cities such as Venice, Milano etc. He does have a lot quality (though old) clothes unlike me. I can't even fit in his clothes because is taller and a lot heavier than me...

My family is struggling financialy because our country is corrupted and criminal to the core, so I don't believe anything would change for better in future...

The reason why I wrote this that I really like fashion and clothing. I like going to the clothing websites where I like to look at what kind of clothes they offer. I like fashion brands, but I am not a fan of top luxury brands because many of them are drastically overpriced and overhyped. I am someone who's a fan of "upper middle" clothing brands, so to say. Yes, there are also some luxury brands I would like to wear, but I can count them on fingers of one hand...

I suppose that this subreddit is mostly based on higher/top fashion clothing brands, but hey, it is what it is, maybe you can give me some honest advices.

On the other hand, I belive that clothes make me confident, although I am a shy anxious guy who's virgin, too (yeah that sucks...), and broke as hell lol !

If I had a **** ton of money, I would rather spend them on nice quality clothes and other stuff that comes to styling and fashion, then on cocaine and prostitues.
I would also run a fashion blog online, because I am pretty confident of my knowledge of styling and fashion.

Maybe, if I make a lot of money in the next year (I still don't know how lol!) maybe I would invest some money to start it myself.

That would be everything!

Happy New Year to all of you and best wishes. Hope you understood what I wrote above. :)

PS Maybe I'll post a photo or two of my wardrobe and clothes so you can see how poor I am (at least in clothes) hahaha! :D

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Naples you can buy very good shirts for 30 euros, I have been told are made in Romania and Croatia.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads