1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Stitches

Stitches Senior member

Solution: Get the Memento.

It looks better anyway [​IMG]

2. jet

jet Senior member

i wear a med in the stark and my chest is 41 :eek:

3. forzaroma

forzaroma Member

Anybody know any retail stores that sell "S.N.S. Herning Fisherman Full Zip" in America, would really love to buy one without the outrageous sales tax and shipping cost. Anyone selling? Can't seem to find one. Also any alternatives, looking for knitted full zip.

For reference, I'm 5'9 155lbs, athletic build. Thanks!!!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  4. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

To add to my confusion the Frans Boone store people suggested that a "small would be ok" when I asked for sizing advice for the stark.

5. Wade

Wade Senior member

Indigo and cotton
    They have both m and l

6. forzaroma

forzaroma Member

Thank you sir!!!! Based on my previous post, what size would be a good fit? Also, how well are these made? Are they as durable as my Filson mackinaw and will it last a long time.

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I am not a small dude and my L fits fine in the arms. It's going to be pretty much skintight. I did notice that the new season fisherman is like a full size smaller than the old one, though, which made it too small.

8. Wade

Wade Senior member

I think M for a slim fit and L for a looser fit. Check their return policy and you can maybe order both and return the one that don't work for you.

9. onehotchili

onehotchili Senior member

I know folks are constantly trying to figure out the sizing for the SNS Starks. For reference I am 5'9" 145lbs Suit size 36/37 with a fairly athletic build. The Medium Stark fit me great....

10. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Ha,,,,,Got the same complement on my flight...But no one else was wearing the same sweater, just waiting !

11. forzaroma

forzaroma Member

@Wade: Thanks!!! Anyone else want to chime in, on the durability of the "S.N.S. Herning Fisherman Full Zip".

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

If you scroll back in this thread a mere few pages there's a post from me w/ most of the domestic stockists. I think I missed Carson Street Clothiers...not sure they have the Fisherman FZ.

Also, @stevent is selling a concrete FZ Fisherman. Nice piece. http://www.styleforum.net/t/370852/...rman-shawl-paragon-3a-loden-38-6a-sky-40/0_30

13. forzaroma

forzaroma Member

Awesome!!! Yeah I saw that on the classifieds, would've easily pounced on it if it was in the navy or sea blue color. My luck!!! haha

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Everything in that thread is sold minus the green shawl unfortunately

15. forzaroma

forzaroma Member

Anyone know good knitted full zip alternatives, priced reasonably under $150. Thanks!!!

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Indigo and Cotton is an additional 10% off, $194 is a pretty solid price. You aren't really going to find better full zip alternatives

Code is extra10

17. forzaroma

forzaroma Member

Thanks, maybe I'll wait and see if I can find a better deal. But as of now, I've gone a little over the budget buying gifts for Christmas. haha....

18. einstine

einstine Senior member

Anybody know where I could get some of buttons used on starks?

If anyone has a beat to hell stark they want to sell me the buttons I shall pay more then any buttons should ever sell for. ;)

19. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Senior member

Dude I'm sure if you look around on the internet you could find some very similar buttons on etsy or some DIY/maker's supply/sewing type place for very, very cheap. They're pretty unremarkable metal buttons after all, nothing particularly distinguishing that you shouldn't be able to find with a little searching.

Then again, if you're set on strictly SNS buttons and don't mind paying for the convenience/added knit, more power to you

20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Try contacting SNS Herning?

I am surprised the sweater doesn't come with a spare.