• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneaker Recommendations?

familyman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
I tried on a pair of PF Flyer Center HI's while in LA and really liked them. The burgundy and grey in leather are NICE!!

pm1001ro_d.gif

I really like how those look. In low the toe looks a bit clunky to me but for some reason the high has a great balance.

Met another guy who wears Chucks as a biz casual shoe. Beat black Chucks. He says black Chucks have been his go to shoes since the 60's and I believe him.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
Had these but couldnt get on with the shiny leather. The Laver is much nicer imo

You don't like the superior leather on those huh, odd. I'm not a big fan of the cheap leather on my regular ss's, the matt finish just screams low budget. Had Lavers several years ago and was anxious to get rid of them myself.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rod laver vintage

adidas-mens-adidas-ltd-ed-m-rod-laver-white-black-4276.jpg

Yeah, online I've only been able to find these with a grey stripe on them somewhere, in all white, or with the aboveformentioned green.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
You don't like the superior leather on those huh, odd. I'm not a big fan of the cheap leather on my regular ss's, the matt finish just screams low budget. Had Lavers several years ago and was anxious to get rid of them myself.

The shiny leather on white trainers is not pleasing on the eye and the leather is very thin.I know they're trying to recreate something vintage but this is not always a good thing. I agree though that the matt leather on recent stans is cheap looking too. The "vintage" Laver pictured is very good quality wise and easily the best Laver reissue i've seen. Not normally a fan but these are great

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've been eyeing them for some time and they look even more shiny in the newer pics I found so I'm going to have to agree with you there. I'll stick to my cheap all whites I guess.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Those are actually wht/blue that are common as with the wht/grn, mine are all white.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Those are actually wht/blue that are common as with the wht/grn, mine are all white.
The ones I've seen all look like this, with some grey and an extended area of blue on the front of the shoe, and those vintage look more flat.
38670-5.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently these were only made for Europe, so they are probably hard to get, best price I found was like 70 EUR

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^^Oh I was talking about the stan smiths player. I had those Lavers back in the day too
blush.gif

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denarii
The goal is strictly casual (think denim and plain tees, possibly cargo shorts and plain tees), but still classy. You know, a cut above all the other sneakers out there (so no obvious branding).
I'm going to recommend the same brand I recommend to everyone: Common Projects. Nothing flashy, ultra-comfortable and really well-made if a little pricey. By far the best sneakers I've ever owned.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rod laver vintage

adidas-mens-adidas-ltd-ed-m-rod-laver-white-black-4276.jpg

If anyone can find these shoes anywhere in 10.5 or 11D, please let me know as I would greatly appreciate it. I've been trying to source a pair without any success.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
If anyone can find these shoes anywhere in 10.5 or 11D, please let me know as I would greatly appreciate it. I've been trying to source a pair without any success.

check your messages

charolastra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I'm going to recommend the same brand I recommend to everyone: Common Projects. Nothing flashy, ultra-comfortable and really well-made if a little pricey. By far the best sneakers I've ever owned.

I have to agree with you on this.. I have the grey mids and they are magnificent. Excellent quality and comfort. They look great with slim or straight denim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads