1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sneaker Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by denarii, Aug 10, 2006.

1. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

2. jet

jet Senior member

Those are actually wht/blue that are common as with the wht/grn, mine are all white.

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Those are actually wht/blue that are common as with the wht/grn, mine are all white.
    The ones I've seen all look like this, with some grey and an extended area of blue on the front of the shoe, and those vintage look more flat. [​IMG]

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Apparently these were only made for Europe, so they are probably hard to get, best price I found was like 70 EUR

6. jet

jet Senior member

^^Oh I was talking about the stan smiths player. I had those Lavers back in the day too [​IMG]

7. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

The goal is strictly casual (think denim and plain tees, possibly cargo shorts and plain tees), but still classy. You know, a cut above all the other sneakers out there (so no obvious branding).
    I'm going to recommend the same brand I recommend to everyone: Common Projects. Nothing flashy, ultra-comfortable and really well-made if a little pricey. By far the best sneakers I've ever owned.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Rod laver vintage

[​IMG]

If anyone can find these shoes anywhere in 10.5 or 11D, please let me know as I would greatly appreciate it. I've been trying to source a pair without any success.

9. modual

modual Senior member

If anyone can find these shoes anywhere in 10.5 or 11D, please let me know as I would greatly appreciate it. I've been trying to source a pair without any success.

check your messages

10. charolastra

charolastra Member

I'm going to recommend the same brand I recommend to everyone: Common Projects. Nothing flashy, ultra-comfortable and really well-made if a little pricey. By far the best sneakers I've ever owned.

I have to agree with you on this.. I have the grey mids and they are magnificent. Excellent quality and comfort. They look great with slim or straight denim.

11. Plasdom

Plasdom Active Member

12. familyman

familyman Senior member

http://www.sportiela.com/store/produ...roductid=16553

jury?

Two things I like about those. First is the stitching of the rubber parts to the leathers parts. Most every other shoe the rubber is just glued on there but those are sewn and that's fairly interesting. Second is the excess of eyelets. Way more than the shoe needs, again, interesting. I would be happier with the shoes (and might think of buying a pair) if they didn't do those upside down v's on the side, screws up the shoe to me. I can see their appeal though.

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I guess that's the same model as these crazy PF Flyers with a tyvek and japanese denim upper. I don't think I'd wear them, but they're visually interesting. I'm wary of sneakers with colorways too close to dress shoe-leather, but those are alright.

14. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

Two things I like about those. First is the stitching of the rubber parts to the leathers parts. Most every other shoe the rubber is just glued on there but those are sewn and that's fairly interesting. Second is the excess of eyelets. Way more than the shoe needs, again, interesting. I would be happier with the shoes (and might think of buying a pair) if they didn't do those upside down v's on the side, screws up the shoe to me. I can see their appeal though.

$20 @ Daffy's. [​IMG]