• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Slim, low-rise non-denim pants

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear pants from Helmut Lang, Costume National, Jil Sander, and YSL RG. None of them are "streetwear" though.

!luc

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
I wear pants from Helmut Lang, Costume National, Jil Sander, and YSL RG. None of them are "streetwear" though.

!luc

I have a pair of grey twill Cloak pants with interesting hammered brass snap buttoning details from F/W 2004 that are supposed to fit this criterion, although I wear them sort of loose.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the slimmest non-denim lower-than-normal-rise trousers I own are from Paul Smith, Moschino, Dolce & Gabanna. Not technically streetwear but I wear them in a 'dressy streetwear' context

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In addition to the labels mentioned, Andrew Mackenzie has made some really low, slim trousers.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
I wear pants from Helmut Lang, Costume National, Jil Sander, and YSL RG. None of them are "streetwear" though. !luc
I kind of disagree here. I think streetwear has a lot of different substyles within it, some of which are wearing urban, edgy suits and trousers from the likes of Helmut, Raf, etc., while at the same time there are those with just as much a desire for edginess who wear Rogan, Engineered Garments, etc... I say this because I wear both types - on the "street" or not.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you can't wear it skateboarding, is it really streetwear?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I kind of disagree here. I think streetwear has a lot of different substyles within it, some of which are wearing urban, edgy suits and trousers from the likes of Helmut, Raf, etc., while at the same time there are those with just as much a desire for edginess who wear Rogan, Engineered Garments, etc...

I say this because I wear both types - on the "street" or not.

yea totally. I think of my suit collection as "streetwear" since I don't own a single "business environment appropriate" suit. It's all for Lock n Loll!!

Dill

Reaction score
There are some nice looking moleskin ones from surface to air on yoox. I am trying to convince myself not to buy them.

Handlethevibe

Reaction score
lol, I'm stupid. LA guy, can you tell me what sizes correspond to jean sizes? I never buy dress pants.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Handlethevibe
lol, I'm stupid. LA guy, can you tell me what sizes correspond to jean sizes? I never buy dress pants.

In general,

Eu50 = 33-34 (Depending on brand)
Eu48 = 31-32
Eu46 = 29-31

Handlethevibe

Reaction score
I'm still confused. Say I pick a pair of dress pants that says 36(US), what size is that relating to jeans?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.