• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
60D01B05-78A1-4D8E-95E1-F8F40A49A3EA.jpeg

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Leaves Any chance that you'll do a run of the Abreau or Garcia penny loafer in brown cordovan? Love the last and price, but black isn't as versatile for my wardrobe. Thanks!

Indeed. Thing we’ll go for the Dark Cognac or Armagnac for an Abreau sometime in the not so distant future.

B.Khan

Reaction score
Bought a pair of Löf & Tung Abreau in stunningly beautiful Fawn Suede in UK 8.5 for a wedding in France and realised after 30 mins of wear that they were too small and had to switch shoes. Rookie mistake not trying the shoes on properly.

Was by the Skoak-store the other day and happened to mention the above, staff recommended asking on here if anyone was interested in buying them - would be a shame if they just sat in my storage. Or if anyone has the same pair in UK 9 and wants a trade I'd be extremely happy.

Attachments

• Lof-_-Tung-Abreau-15706-Fawn-Suede-T-Last_1.jpg
    Lof-_-Tung-Abreau-15706-Fawn-Suede-T-Last_1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 88
  • Lof-_-Tung-Abreau-15706-Fawn-Suede-T-Last_2.jpg
    Lof-_-Tung-Abreau-15706-Fawn-Suede-T-Last_2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 147
  • Lof-_-Tung-Abreau-15706-Fawn-Suede-T-Last_4.jpg
    Lof-_-Tung-Abreau-15706-Fawn-Suede-T-Last_4.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

EUtroll

Reaction score
With just a half size difference and suede, they might just stretch enough with some help. Maybe worth a chat with your cobbler?

B.Khan

Reaction score
With just a half size difference and suede, they might just stretch enough with some help. Maybe worth a chat with your cobbler?

I tried them really quickly before the wedding and they were tight then as well, but I had the same thought as you - they're suede, they're only half a size from what I usually have: they'll stretch and be all right. But they were absolutely unbearable at the wedding.

Hm, just as I am writing this I realised it may have been because feet swell after flight + driving several hours in a row. I'll give them another try when I get home!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I tried them really quickly before the wedding and they were tight then as well, but I had the same thought as you - they're suede, they're only half a size from what I usually have: they'll stretch and be all right. But they were absolutely unbearable at the wedding.

Hm, just as I am writing this I realised it may have been because feet swell after flight + driving several hours in a row. I'll give them another try when I get home!

Yeah these will probably stretch out nicely, my suede Alvares loafers were very snug in the beginning but now fits like a glove. Generally avoid wearing completely new shoes where the feet might swell a lot like for evening events, after eating/alcohol intake (and flights as you say). My recommendation to break in new shoes is to wear them morning until lunch then switch to a backup pair if they feel very uncomfortable still. Repeat every other day. I also keep surgical tape as a backup at the office and in my travel kit for “emergencies” if I get blisters. I’ve broken in so many shoes now I don’t take any chances.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves any examples of EB kiltie loafers, by chance?

I think we made a pair quite recently it should be here in the SF picture gallery. Im out of office now so don’t have access to the pictures.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any plans on the flores in espresso calf?

Not for this season. Next loafers incoming will be three season loafers hitting the shelves in August/September.

B.Khan

Reaction score
Yeah these will probably stretch out nicely, my suede Alvares loafers were very snug in the beginning but now fits like a glove. Generally avoid wearing completely new shoes where the feet might swell a lot like for evening events, after eating/alcohol intake (and flights as you say). My recommendation to break in new shoes is to wear them morning until lunch then switch to a backup pair if they feel very uncomfortable still. Repeat every other day. I also keep surgical tape as a backup at the office and in my travel kit for “emergencies” if I get blisters. I’ve broken in so many shoes now I don’t take any chances.

Just tried them on again - they are no longer for sale! Was definitely the flight and long drive swelling my feet. Thanks for the break in routine, will try that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads