• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resonator

Reaction score
New house slippers just arrived, straight from Skoak. Thanks very much Patrik and Gabriel for all your advice and fantastic customer service. These are jumper boots, black horse's ass, model 80814, size 9 on Oscar last. Soft as cashmere and tough as nails. Go figure.
How come these look different to the ones pictured on the site?

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received Carmina GMTO winter boots, thanks guys from the Skoaktiebolaget. Anybody else got his pair? Want to know opinion, cause having troubles to express mine. I would say Carmina did their job on 3+ from 5 possible and that's why: First impression was good. Really love the leather on the vamps and toes, the color, the welt. The fur is strange, my teddy bear 40 years ago had the same. Better than on Gallways, much worse than on Santonis. Hope it's warm. Then noticed the tough shafts. No, the appearance is good, i would say reminds me llama leather, but only till you touch it. Being soft on the vamp and toes, the leather on the shafts feels like plastic. I wonder why the leather there is different, was that the idea? Is this the result of those problems with the grained leather supply? Let's see how it will age, can't wear it for another 4-5 months. Fit is strange, definitely my size, good width, but a lot of space above the foot in the vamp plus unexpectedly low instep. Look on the pics below, I got he NST boots on the Soller in the same size, and nothing similar. Don't believe this is because of suede on NST. Anyway, these are good winter boots, not as warm or refined as my winter Santonis, but less expensive anyway.
Grained leather on Brekons (left) and Carminas
Spacey vamps These folds on the instep remaining doesn't matter do I stay or sit. Compare with NST boots on the Soller.
I received my boots too. I decided to keep them despite the victory soles. My observations about the fit are the same. Definitely roomy in the toe area but very low instep. I do not know why is this but maybe this will stretch since this is derby boot and there is no stitching across this area. Length and width wise they are fine, I took the same size as the Rain last but these boots definitely feel very tight. Maybe this is due to the Carmina compensating for the fur lining? The leather feels stiff. We will see how they hold up. Soller is definitely good looking boot last.

partyof6

Reaction score
First time doing business with Skoaktiebolaget and beyond thrilled. Huge thanks to Gabriel for the stellar customer service! I probably emailed him 15x, and he thoroughly and promptly responded to each one.

Enzo Bonafe "burgundy beauties" and Carmina tobacco suede chukkas. My first experience with both makers. I added Skoak cherry shoe trees too. Awesomeness all around.

BaldwinP

Reaction score
Those Bonafes look amazing

Seconded. Skoak should get permission to use those pics of the "burgundy beauty" - hadn't realised the depth of the colour from the shots on their site, but when I see it there they look absolutely amazing. That's the rich burgundy colour I want when I finally get a burgundy shoe.

Note to self: make another effort to try on something in Carmina Rain so you have a better idea of whether those things will fit well or not (I'm not hopeful unfortunately, my feet like long slim lasts not roomy lasts).

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Seconded.  Skoak should get permission to use those pics of the "burgundy beauty" - hadn't realised the depth of the colour from the shots on their site, but when I see it there they look absolutely amazing.  That's the rich burgundy colour I want when I finally get a burgundy shoe.

Note to self:  make another effort to try on something in Carmina Rain so you have a better idea of whether those things will fit well or not (I'm not hopeful unfortunately, my feet like long slim lasts not roomy lasts).

Carmina Rain is available in narrow width (MTO only though)

partyof6

Reaction score

Those Bonafes look amazing

Seconded.  Skoak should get permission to use those pics of the "burgundy beauty" - hadn't realised the depth of the colour from the shots on their site, but when I see it there they look absolutely amazing.  That's the rich burgundy colour I want when I finally get a burgundy shoe.

Note to self:  make another effort to try on something in Carmina Rain so you have a better idea of whether those things will fit well or not (I'm not hopeful unfortunately, my feet like long slim lasts not roomy lasts).

It's an incredibly handsome shade of burgundy.

Cheers, gentlemen. Skoak's pictures are great, but these are a wonder to behold in person. Here are some additional pics in different lighting.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous. I want to MTO that with no punching or brogueing but for a punched captoe. Same last, same color. Anyone? (Also open to the stated design with claret museum calf.)

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers, gentlemen. Skoak's pictures are great, but these are a wonder to behold in person. Here are some additional pics in different lighting.

These beauties are insane.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads