• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take it you aren't a golf fan? Very famous course in Bethpage and the site of numerous US Open's

I guess that totally gave me away as a golf doofus.
biggrin.gif

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is generally the cost of ordering stingray? I know it isn't super popular as far as exotics go so I don't often hear much about it.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd just received these StC MTOs a couple of days ago. I must say these are really excellent shoes, having not handled anything even remotely close to how beautiful these things are. Thanks once again to the great folks at SkoaB, and Gabriel in particular. There is a problem though, I can't bear to wear them.
[\spoiler]
Very nice, Congrats!!

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that is slow!

That is rare they are normally not slow for Midwest were are you located if you don't mind me asking you that?

Wow. I haven't ordered from Skoak in a while but USPS got to me in 3-4 days last time

Wow. I'm in North Dakota and all my orders have been 2-3 days (minus one that got stuck in customs). But even that was only a week... I've been shipping FedEx though.

Are you sure something's not gone awry? I was given an estimate of 8-10 days using USPS by our esteemed colleagues on this thread and it looks like mine will arrive at exactly 10 days (although I don't want to jinx myself).

Thanks Gentlemen,

Yes, I have often wondered if there was indeed something wrong...I was going to call them today and then after a week there was an update on the tracking number this morning...

They supposedly went through Oak Creek WI, which is about an hour from me...I seriously would have drove up there to pick them up if they had stayed there...the tracking said they were only there about an hour...

I thought for sure they would be here today to no avail...

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go:

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

Features:

• E Parcel Group​

DATE & TIME

STATUS OF ITEM

Departed USPS Facility

OAK CREEK, WI 53154

Your item departed our USPS facility in OAK CREEK, WI 53154 on July 15, 2015 at 11:09 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

July 15, 2015 , 11:06 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

OAK CREEK, WI 53154
July 8, 2015 , 4:31 am

Departed USPS Facility

CHARLESTON, WV 25350
July 7, 2015 , 11:33 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

CHARLESTON, WV 25350
July 5, 2015 , 3:26 am

Departed USPS Facility

BETHPAGE, NY 11714
July 4, 2015 , 8:38 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

BETHPAGE, NY 11714
July 3, 2015 , 9:35 pm

Inbound Out of Customs

Inbound Into Customs

July 3, 2015 , 8:25 am

Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

June 30, 2015 , 3:55 am

MALMO TOFTANAS, SWEDEN
June 30, 2015 , 3:52 am

MALMO TOFTANAS, SWEDEN
June 26, 2015 , 3:58 pm

Acceptance

SWEDEN

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The detour to Charleston is what screwed it up. I once shipped Priority Mail to Oregon and it went through Hawaii
facepalm.gif
. Gotta love the postal service.

JLnoir

Reaction score
I just got my carmina austerity brogues in, now I'm waiting for my carmina string loafers. (It's been a good week)
1f600.png

armsignet

Reaction score
I'd just received these StC MTOs a couple of days ago.
I must say these are really excellent shoes, having not handled anything even remotely close to how beautiful these things are. Thanks once again to the great folks at SkoaB, and Gabriel in particular.
There is a problem though, I can't bear to wear them.

I know.

I look askance at every crease in the leather and haven't mustered the courage to look at the once pristine soles after wearing StC the first time. When I read on the G&G website that people buy Decos just to put them in a closet and admire, I guffawed. Now I get it. Kind of. I still could not resist wearing such fantastic shoes.

armsignet

Reaction score
There has been talk of stingray, just thought I'd contribute

EDIT - posted wrong shoes before

Those are amazing shoes, and I love seeing them in the wild.

I eyed some blue Stingray G&G for quite some time. I could not quite see how to pull them off. Now I see how it is done. Well done, sir.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know.

I look askance at every crease in the leather and haven't mustered the courage to look at the once pristine soles after wearing StC the first time. When I read on the G&G website that people buy Decos just to put them in a closet and admire, I guffawed. Now I get it. Kind of. I still could not resist wearing such fantastic shoes.

Alas, shoes (even very nice ones), are meant to be worn. I'm sure this pair will serve me well.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good News: My boots arrived in my city this morning, I am foregoing the postman and picking them up directly from the post office as to ensure no further foul ups from them.

Thanks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

After my two deliveries from Skoak the USPS has sent me separately documents that got detached.

I'm glad that they got the package to me and the paper materials not so important I guess (just receipt, custom forms). Makes me wonder how they are getting detached or perhaps it's just part of the customs process. The attached letter apologies for finding the materials "loose in the mail or damaged by mechanical processing equipment."

At least the shoes made it in one piece, well two really.

I had that happen too recently.
Got my shoes no problem and then almost a month later received an envelope with the external paperwork. No attached letter or anything.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad