• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ErikDg

Reaction score
There was some discussion over on the main EB thread about something like the below.

Style 3993 Wholecut Sidezip with extended shaft (20 cm) - not sure I'm sold on an extended shaft.

74945 Last

270 Degree Handwelted with Bombe Waist

25mm Cuban Heel

Snuff Suede

Dark Brown Welt/Sole Edge

Leather Sole with Vibram Topy

I did this one for a customer with extended shaft and cuban heel. Think it came out great actually. Let´s go for one in snuff suede.

Enzo-Bonafe-3993-Mod-Vitello-Meleze-last-74945-3.jpg

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did this one for a customer with extended shaft and cuban heel. Think it came out great actually. Let´s go for one in snuff suede.

View attachment 1769377

For some more inspiration, I had a pair almost identical to this done in walnut suede. They're really lovely (and super comfortable). 062 last, bombe waist, no cuban heel.

nbyJdzt.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some more inspiration, I had a pair almost identical to this done in walnut suede. They're really lovely (and super comfortable). 062 last, bombe waist, no cuban heel.

nbyJdzt.jpeg
Very nice! 062 is chiseled?

I actually am thinking 804 could look really good and more sleek than 74945, see comparison below. I think photo cred is actually you @tdes81

1647968430296.png

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! 062 is chiseled?

I actually am thinking 804 could look really good and more sleek than 74945, see comparison below. I think photo cred is actually you @tdes81

View attachment 1769414

That shot was indeed me. My two button boots. :)

062 is a rounded chisel (think G&G MH71). It's like the 946 and 74945 had a lovely child. Some more shots:

V6xF9Hl.jpeg

I also recommend the vibram topy with pegs, if you wanna keep things sleek:

jXf72TS.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shot was indeed me. My two button boots. :)

062 is a rounded chisel (think G&G MH71). It's like the 946 and 74945 had a lovely child. Some more shots:

V6xF9Hl.jpeg

I also recommend the vibram topy with pegs, if you wanna keep things sleek:

jXf72TS.jpeg
Oh **** - that is really good actually. I know I hated 946, but this 062 is calling to me right now.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay a bit of an image dump but here it goes:

75581C87-B40C-4711-92A6-3C9A512FA691.jpeg

946 with a bombe waist on the left, 062 with a Japanese waist on the right.
A693680A-4207-4FA4-AC3D-E00EB3204DEE.jpeg

Added the 062 with a bombe waist on the right.
FD099032-F90C-4A48-A58D-D10D558F9C68.jpeg

946 + Japanese on the left, 062 + bombe in the middle, 74945 with 270 dainite sole on the right.
B0FA0471-2F0C-4EE5-AA99-BA9AC25614DE.jpeg

062 + bombe on the left, 804 + Japanese on the right.

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at all of these it's kind of interesting to see the variation on how wide the welt is. The welt on my suede zips is like, negligable, but on my gatoraides it's pretty apparent (although it makes that sweep underneath to the japanese waist that much more sexy). Enzo makes some damn lovely shoes/boots.

As another aside, I believe the 062 is a bit slimmer with a higher instep than some of the others. This works great for my feet but maybe not so much for other people. I need to find the Enzo last sizing chart which has all the deets...

Also, the Japanese waist is blake stitched (so sleeker) while the Bombe waist is still handwelted but rounded, not as sleek but potentially more resoleable. Can send more pics if you'd like.

EUtroll

Reaction score
I was considering the 062 last but it appears more narrow at the toes than the 74945? The latter is already almost too narrow on my toes. Shame.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at all of these it's kind of interesting to see the variation on how wide the welt is. The welt on my suede zips is like, negligable, but on my gatoraides it's pretty apparent (although it makes that sweep underneath to the japanese waist that much more sexy). Enzo makes some damn lovely shoes/boots.

As another aside, I believe the 062 is a bit slimmer with a higher instep than some of the others. This works great for my feet but maybe not so much for other people. I need to find the Enzo last sizing chart which has all the deets...

Also, the Japanese waist is blake stitched (so sleeker) while the Bombe waist is still handwelted but rounded, not as sleek but potentially more resoleable. Can send more pics if you'd like.
This is super helpful. They've been trimming the welts closer that past few years, so if your Gatoraides are from more than a few years back that could explain the size of the welt. I can do slimmer, but already get the instep reduced on all my EB shoes. I'll try and find that last sizing guide to compare.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is super helpful. They've been trimming the welts closer that past few years, so if your Gatoraides are from more than a few years back that could explain the size of the welt. I can do slimmer, but already get the instep reduced on all my EB shoes. I'll try and find that last sizing guide to compare.

So actually the gatoraides and side zips came in only a few months apart. So I just wonder if EB was doing whatever they thought would look better for the style with regards to welt size?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So actually the gatoraides and side zips came in only a few months apart. So I just wonder if EB was doing whatever they thought would look better for the style with regards to welt size?
🤷‍♂️
Well, I've got no explanation then 🤣

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads