• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Macs

Reaction score
I'm interested in the proposed GMTO for the Carmina split toe referenced here:

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-split-toe-burgundy-gmto

I am wondering though if anyone has pictures of Carmina's Burgundy in the wild so I can get a good indication of the color. It looks a bit brown on the website, which would actually be my preference, but interested either way.

Thanks to anyone who can assist.
You have a PM
smile.gif

mcl911

Reaction score
Talking about import tax...I live in Canada most of the time, but I ships expensive goods that I order online to Hong Kong first to avoid tax then ship it back to Canada again.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking about import tax...I live in Canada most of the time, but I ships expensive goods that I order online to Hong Kong first to avoid tax then ship it back to Canada again.
Canada's Tax Enforcement Agents are now watching you closely. Both of them.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never have any issue with it,so what's the problem of doing it?
Well I'm kidding around, mostly, so I mean nothing by my post. Given how hilarious shoe humor and tax humor are independently, I'd think shoe + tax jokes would bring down the house, but evidently, no.

But since you asked, I suspect Canada's view would be that you are skirting taxes. I personally don't care. Your question is like asking what's wrong with going 20 mph above the speed limit since you've never been pulled over for it so far.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well voluntary taxes are just for our politicians rest of us peasants have our taxes taken by government immediately most of the time. There are state and local taxes too that sometimes seem voluntary but they are not as @dddrees pointed out we are supposed to pay those.

For example the state of Massachusetts has a sales tax of 6.25% that applies to nearly everything except food and clothing up to $175 dollars.

So it works like this if you import a pair of shoes from abroad that cost $1175.00 you would have to pay sales tax of $62.50 (the first 175 is exempt and then $1000 x 6.25% = $62.50 this goes to the state government.

Then there is 8.5% import tax that goes to federal government 1175 x 8.5% = $100.00

Majority of people do not know about this and even if they did they probably decide not to pay these taxes anyways.

Yup. That's why they are reforming this major loop hole so anything shipped to your house gets a tax auto applied. Technically they can check customs records and then fine you if they find out you didn't report it but cost benefit seems low so reform is likely.

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just a matter of time until the EU has a free trade agreement with the US, hopefully Canada too soon after that. Within 3-5 years most likely (I hope).

Canada has one I believe in the works but stuck in red tape hell.

Last edited:

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nah, NY.

@leaves, maybe my question got lost in the tax conversation. Any update on Shanklin?
We hope that the EG Shanklin chukka will be available in late March or early April, but we do not have a specific delivery date at this point.

striker

Reaction score
Gabriel, are you able to disclose what will be newly arriving in the stores for March, April especially for Carminas?

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads