• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skinny guys.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Hey guys, it's a new program! Let's all try it because we're sure to get the same results as the guy who's making money off of the idea! Who cares about persistence... this is next level ****!

I'm pretty sure the sum total of what this kid is making consulting is barely on the plus side of sweet **** all. I may be wrong, but I don't think he's buying bespoke quite yet.

Like every program, you need to research and find the stuff that makes sense then apply only that which fits your lifestyle and temperament.

I think there are those who may find it easier to eat three 1000 cal meals than ten 300 cal meals. I know I would.

lefty

KBW

Reaction score
He looks nothing like a bodybuilder in the last pic...horrible muscle sizes...his tris are way off from his bis and he doesn't have even descent aesthetics

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've spent some time reading about this. I recommend everyone check out the 2500+ reply thread at bodybuilding.com on this exact topic.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3587831

It appears to be a very reliable method of shedding pounds. So this thread title may be a bit of a misnomer. It is a little more questionable for putting on lots of mass as a skinny guy (I have not been able to find any photo evidence of skinny guys getting large using this). That being said, I think it could potentially work and I will give it a shot and see if I can put on some lean pounds. If nothing else it is infinitely more convenient than the 6 little meals a day method.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
He looks nothing like a bodybuilder in the last pic...horrible muscle sizes...his tris are way off from his bis and he doesn't have even descent aesthetics

I know, for bodybuilder he ... oh wait, where does he claim to be a bodybuilder again?

What next? You don't like the way his hips rise on the third rep of the 600 dead?

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles

It appears to be a very reliable method of shedding pounds. So this thread title may be a bit of a misnomer. It is a little more questionable for putting on lots of mass as a skinny guy (I have not been able to find any photo evidence of skinny guys getting large using this). That being said, I think it could potentially work and I will give it a shot and see if I can put on some lean pounds. If nothing else it is infinitely more convenient than the 6 little meals a day method.

I was thinking abut the skinny guys who want size but fear fat. Lots of size will come from lots of food, but a few pounds of lean mass while dropping BF is something worth having in your arsenal.

Perhaps a better title would be Swedish model with low single digit BF and kickass deadlift is coming to steal your women.

lefty

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i actually think he looks good.

that is alot of accomplishment coming from where he was initially. that is tough and i applaud his work getting there (although i havent really read how he did it).

i never was that ripped or cut, but back in my twenties i did have alot of cut. i miss the striations and lines on the ribcage and across the torso from vascularity.
and the definition of the abdomen and along the hipbone.

those things i truly miss, and i know i will never get there again, but it is fun trying to lose some weight and finding myself getting some definition again, it really is motivating and just love it being able to slip into jeans and pants now that i used to have to hold my breath and squeeze into to wear.

rxcats

Reaction score
I haven't read the link yet. I'll check it out when I get home from work in an hour. I like the idea of eating everything in 8 hours rather than always having to stop and eat again. I am always much hungrier if I have breakfast. I am fine if I have my first meal around 18:00; I don't get up until around 11:00 most days though. If you sleep 8 hours a day, you could fast for the first 4 hours after getting up and then refrain from eating for 4 hours before retiring. It doesn't sound too bad.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is pretty interesting. i've used the velocity diet with success and now use a modified version as part of my daily diet. however, this might suit me better as i frequently don't have much time to eat anymore due to my startup.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I agree with his interview where he explains his diet: diets work differently on different people primarily due to psychological differances between people (that's what he calls the greatest difference between diets). His diet is easier for some people.

I have similar experience with hunger; as I eat small snacks I get hungrier mentally because the thought of depriving myself makes me want to eat whereas I can go for long periods of time without food and not feel hungry.

I think the title of this thread is mislead; the guy isn't a skinny guy he started as a normal (well, fat imo) build (well, to me but I'm not sure what the norm in the US is).

Basically the idea (well, this is how it would work for me) is you skip breakfast, eat 20% of your calories at lunch, work out, take the remaining calories in 2 meals. That's really not that bad. IE: Wake up at 8am, do whatever until 12. Eat at lunch. After work/school go to the gym. After gym, eat at 7:00-7:30pm. Stop eating at 8pm. go to sleep at 12 or whatever. It's not revolutionary. Lots of kids do this without know its the IF diet.

interman

Reaction score
Instead of reading the bodybuilding.com thread go check out the bodyrecomposition.com forums. Search for leangains in the diet forum and you should get a lot of good info.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I don't think this guy's excessive bodyfat gives him an advantage deadlifting. If he stripped it off, they'd probably look roughly similar. It's not unheard-of for lean guys to pull big weights.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I don't give a flying **** what that guys says, that was not a 600lb deadlift. This is what a 600lb deadlift (and deadlifter) looks like:

You should call him out. That'll show him.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads