• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sizing- Levi's Skinner Rigids

Stalker McStalkerson

Reaction score
How much do these skinners shrink? I saw a pair on sale, but it seemed a bit snug around the waist and a bit short in the inseam. For reference, I wear a 29x30 in Diesels and a 30x30 in Levi's.

darkamage

Reaction score
I wear 32x34 in 501s and bought 34x34 skinner rigids. It's true to size but it sits really low on the hip. At first I could barely do all the buttons but then it stretched out a bit. I don't remember exactly how low the front rise is, but it only has 3 buttons. It's 'very' low.

In my experience, after wash and hang dry it shrank almost 1" on the waist and 1.5" on the inseam. However, it streched back on the waist after a long wear. I also need to pull on the legs to stretch them out a bit.

I really suggest that you try them on first before buying. Keep in mind that it will shrink (and stretch). It will also torture your crotch if you are a guy.

disclaimer: your experience may varies

BigSur

Reaction score
If your talking about Premium Skinners. I would say you could buy your regular waist size or size up. They will likely be snug or somewhat tight until you shrink them, then they will be tortureously tight. They will stretch to a nice comftorable fit. That was my experience anyway.

Stalker McStalkerson

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, fellas.

I ended up purchasing a pair of the 30x32s. After I let it soak, it definitely tightened up significantly. However, it has stretched back out to the original dimensions since then, though it was far from a comfortable experience. When I do get around to washing it, will I have to go through the whole tightening/stretching process all over again? Additionally, will this shrinking/stretching happen with each concurrent wash after the first?

Thanks.

Edit: Yes, they are the premium skinners (the older model, not the Capital E "lightweight rigid").

BigSur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stalker McStalkerson
Thanks for the input, fellas.

When I do get around to washing it, will I have to go through the whole tightening/stretching process all over again? Additionally, will this shrinking/stretching happen with each concurrent wash after the first?

I've only washed mine once and they shrunk some, but not as much as they did the first time and they stretched back out much quicker.

Please post progress pics after a while. I don't know that mine will come out really well because I'll probably wash them every dozen wears or so, but am curious as to what well worn ones look like. I'm assuming of course that you will wear yours for a long time w/o washing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics