• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knight

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted anything, again it's so good to see this thread pouring with entries, keep it going! :)

I took these a wee while back now and finally have an opportunity to do so, kind of classic looks but with a slight poke in the eye:

Aviator jacket olive iridescent PC gaberdine
Work shirt blue chambray
Ghurka short navy printed red rose
Mckinlays Jake slip-on oakwood suede

Poncho olive coated cotton poplin (ss12)
Knit jacket navy grey wave jacquard knit
Pocket tee shirt white with blue wheels
Fatigue short navy broken twill (ss13)
Birkenstock Boston taupe suede (unseen).

mbaum

Reaction score
Love the poncho/ knit combo. Dinner tonight - Before and after ( ... a few adult beverages ...)
Porkpie
Tab
Andover
Shooting
Truman
Alden

Knight

Reaction score

^ As always, great fit & combo Knight
Thanks fellas I appreciate that, the weather here in Sydney is getting cold and fast so it was nice to wear the ss14 pieces early on. Mike, you're looking good mate, loving that shooting vest myself. I too got me a pork pie hat but in the navy batik I'll try to get a pic in real soon.
Love the poncho/ knit combo. Dinner tonight - Before and after ( ... a few adult beverages ...) Porkpie Tab Andover Shooting Truman Alden

kaulei

Reaction score
amazing layering Mike. I am thinking of getting porkpie as well, just cant decide on texture.
Love the poncho/ knit combo. Dinner tonight - Before and after ( ... a few adult beverages ...)
Porkpie
Tab
Andover
Shooting
Truman
Alden

Dino19

Reaction score
@ mbaum - how do you size the Shooting Vest? Because of how it is, does it fits bigger as there seems to be less restriction.

Knight

Reaction score
@Dino I'd go true to size mate, I too have that vest and I love wearing it outside moreso than inside, but it fits nicely underneath your jackets. It only has one button so if you're after more of a waistcoat I'd avoid the shooting vest.

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score
@ Knight - I found one in my size ie. XS, in Tropical Wool. I'm a XS in most of EG stuff. As it's an outer piece, I was wondering if I should size up.

Thanks for the advice mate. Looking forward to more of your combo.

mbaum

Reaction score
Knight is right. I would also go true to size. Given it's cut with the cross strap on the back and one-button closure, it can be easily worn as outer piece or as vest underneath without any size issues. The tropical wool version is quite something, appears a bit fragile due to the cross strap construction until you wear it. Super light weight and versatile. To me, one of the most understated wow-pieces this season.

Mike

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score
Both Mike & Knight gave me added confidence in the Shooting Vest. I guess it's a must cop for me now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads