• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
man, why do you short people always do this that ive been noticing.

everyone else does this regular height + weight thing like i am 5'9" and 175 lbs far easier to understand and im not tall either.

that **** just makes ur insecurity show even worse.

haha or I'm just from Australia where we use Kilogrammes like the rest of the world

Richard23

Reaction score
Been eyeing the upland vest for awhile now. I wear the Post O'alls Royal Traveler pretty consistently.

I sized up to an XXL and upon receiving it found it rather large. So threw it in the washer on hot and then into the dryer. Still very loose fitting and bells out in the back.

Thoughts on fit?

Anyway, FW16 12 oz. Cone denim Upland vest
FW12? Post O'alls broadcloth Post-R

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG x Doc Martens in navy

bb-japan-2_zpszwoawfg5.jpg

Not sure if I'll keep them. The lacing system, while it looks cool, makes it hard to tie them securely. Also they feel slightly smaller than my mono Docs (verging on too short), and the material feels more plastic-y. Anyone else get a pair? Curious to hear other opinions.

Last edited:

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
EG x Doc Martens in navy

bb-japan-2_zpszwoawfg5.jpg

Not sure if I'll keep them. The lacing system, while it looks cool, makes it hard to tie them securely. Also they feel slightly smaller than my mono Docs (verging on too short), and the material feels more plastic-y. Anyone else get a pair? Curious to hear other opinions.

They look great in that fit. What size did you get and what is your Brannock size?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a Brannock 11 US. These are 10 UK. I have one foot that's slightly larger, though, between an 11 and 11.5, and it's a little crowded length wise. Probably not a problem for most people I guess. Just never had the issue with my other Docs, which are more comfortable all around.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of EG shoe sizing, do you guys take the same size EG Vans as you do in regular Vans?

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went a half size down for the 2016 EGxVans slip ons @Parker . I think I got my normal size for the Sk8-His but can't remember and they're in storage.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks Chet. I am a 9 in standard, so maybe I should try 8.5 in the EG version?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think so.

They fit slightly wide too. My sized-down EG slip-ons fit a little bit wider than my normal-size standard slip-ons.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks man! I should have clarifed slip-ons. Wide is ok. Regular 9s are a tad snug on me but I will see if I can get into an 8.5 EG version. They didn't have any to try on at the NY Nepthenes store last time I was there, so I may have to take my chances with an online shop or auction.

falgfalg

Reaction score
I'm a Brannock 11 US. These are 10 UK. I have one foot that's slightly larger, though, between an 11 and 11.5, and it's a little crowded length wise. Probably not a problem for most people I guess. Just never had the issue with my other Docs, which are more comfortable all around.
let me know if you are thinking about moving them ;)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt