• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Stockyard

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

This is Ben, owner of Stockyard that dieworkwear linked for the Dr. Collectors photo. I just wanted to offer my services if you had any questions about DRC (or any of our brands) that I could answer. Also note that we have measurements for their garments on our site.

For me, while they're obviously a bit slouchy in the overall silhouette, they're not exactly "oversized," meaning that I would not recommend someone who normally wears an XL try to fit into a Large. Lastly, the fabric is quite soft and does well to keep its shape through the many washes I've put mine through thus far.

Alternatively, you might check out the oversized shirting of Prospective Flow. Maybe that's just down to my particular shape, but here's the Ainu that we'll be getting in shortly:

27194-2ofa_1507597948.jpg

https://stockyardsupplyco.com/collections/prospective-flow

Peace!

I'm not at home right now, but I remember the body being fairly slouchy without feeling oversized. Shoulder seams are dropped, so they fall off the shoulder joint. Sleeves are slim enough that you can pull them up (and have the stay up on the arm). I remember the Samurai feeling more like an oversized cut; the California is trimmer and more like LVC. The Frisco is boxy and loose, but doesn't feel oversized. With all their tees, I mostly like how they look under a jacket, so some of the oversized-ness of the silhouette is lost. But it looks good in that vintage hobo way.

They hold up in the wash pretty well. Except for the indigo, all the other colors are colorfast and (IIRC) done with synthetic dyes. They're garment dyed, so they have a bit of variation in the color. But that variation stays the same in the wash. Although I've only really washed mine like two or three times cause they're kinda new.

Cotton isn't that thick at all. All their tees have that thin, soft quality you'd expect on a vintage-inspired item. Not like a Flat Head tee or those super heavy duty tees favored on denim boards.

*Just found a photo of the Frisco being worn:

https://stockyardsupplyco.com/products/frisco-tee-olive

GT-R

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments about the Junya piece. Very helpful. I would like to ask about one other item.

Margiela cardigan (yea or nay? thoughts?):
S50HA0733.S16022-124F_1_1.jpg

S50HA0733.S16022-124F_3_1.jpg

I love this. It's layering but you don't have to do the layering, they do it for you!

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late pass, but I dig that Junya bomber. Having handled it in person I thought it was pretty cool, liked the contrasting fabrics. Would wear.

I mean it is kinda fussy, probably cooler to just get a Buzz Rickson or whatever, but still not bad. If you want really dumb /awful check the Carhartt jacket with varsity sleeves from the same season :uhoh:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late pass, but I dig that Junya bomber. Having handled it in person I thought it was pretty cool, liked the contrasting fabrics. Would wear.

I mean it is kinda fussy, probably cooler to just get a Buzz Rickson or whatever, but still not bad. If you want really dumb /awful check the Carhartt jacket with varsity sleeves from the same season :uhoh:

Honestly half the time I read this thread I don't understand it. If you wanna take a chance on something a bit weird why would we want to dissuade that?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You mean this one?
upload_2018-2-20_10-39-47.png

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to play mix and match for a pair of shoes, one light colored suede with one brown calf skin. Any thoughts on which combine best?

Calf #1
14.JPG

Calf #2
52.JPG
Suede #1
light beigeV17.JPG

Suede #2
mud-ashV16.JPG

Landau

Reaction score
Anyone have any recs for a decent T-shirt? Looking to spend $35 or less per shirt; my best fitting T-shirt right now is a Norse Projects Niels, but its sort of flimsy and its $70 a shirt or something odd.

On the table are the usual repro suspects (3Sixteen, Lady White, etc). UNIQLO tends to not fit me too well, but I have one UNIQLO U shirt that fits fantastically.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics