• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have any recs for a decent T-shirt? Looking to spend $35 or less per shirt; my best fitting T-shirt right now is a Norse Projects Niels, but its sort of flimsy and its $70 a shirt or something odd.

On the table are the usual repro suspects (3Sixteen, Lady White, etc). UNIQLO tends to not fit me too well, but I have one UNIQLO U shirt that fits fantastically.
3sixteen is an excellent choice.
Others:
James Perse*
J Crew (I have a couple made in USA I purchased from Mr P a year ago that are surprisingly really good)
Engineered Garments and EG Workaday*

* can find on sale at or less than your target price.

Stockyard

Reaction score
Anyone have any recs for a decent T-shirt? Looking to spend $35 or less per shirt; my best fitting T-shirt right now is a Norse Projects Niels, but its sort of flimsy and its $70 a shirt or something odd.

On the table are the usual repro suspects (3Sixteen, Lady White, etc). UNIQLO tends to not fit me too well, but I have one UNIQLO U shirt that fits fantastically.

Reigning Champ. Extremely well-priced for probably some of the highest quality contruction I've ever encountered.
Reigning_Champ_Fall_17_1028-7_T-Shirt_Steel.jpg

dkirch

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on the Tom Ford Orford sneaker? Worth the price or not at all?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on the Tom Ford Orford sneaker? Worth the price or not at all?

I think they look good, but ... I mean, they're $900 sneakers. Even people buying them can't think they're "worth the price."

Loro Piana has similar sneakers if you like that look (although they're also priced the same). Greats is kind of similar style wise but a lot more affordable. There's also the various iterations of German Army Trainers, which is what those Tom Ford sneakers are based off of. I like Margiela's, but tons and tons of companies make them. Adidas has released their own version and some guys on Grailed sell the original vintage GATs

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

This is Ben, owner of Stockyard that dieworkwear linked for the Dr. Collectors photo. I just wanted to offer my services if you had any questions about DRC (or any of our brands) that I could answer. Also note that we have measurements for their garments on our site.

For me, while they're obviously a bit slouchy in the overall silhouette, they're not exactly "oversized," meaning that I would not recommend someone who normally wears an XL try to fit into a Large. Lastly, the fabric is quite soft and does well to keep its shape through the many washes I've put mine through thus far.

Alternatively, you might check out the oversized shirting of Prospective Flow. Maybe that's just down to my particular shape, but here's the Ainu that we'll be getting in shortly:

27194-2ofa_1507597948.jpg

https://stockyardsupplyco.com/collections/prospective-flow

Peace!

@Stockyard

Great to see your carrying Prospective Flow. It's a new brand on my radar that I'd love to try out. What other pieces do you have coming in from them?

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes, those TF Orford sneakers are pretty ugly. Reminds me of European tourists in the Bay Area, lol.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
39745658nj_14_e.jpg

and/or this knit

39745659JN_14_r.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jil

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered up one of those Reigning Champ tees to give it a try. Miss the old Uniqlo prima cotton ones...

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jil had something similar that looked better a few years ago /jet

not a fan of the non-pattern / contrasting mockneck there

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up of these up, but too feminine?
t7782.jpg

I have the double wrap version of that bracelet. Basically same design but longer and wraps around the wrist twice.

I used to wear it with sport coats. Still like it, but only really wear a watch now with tailored clothing and then Native American jewelry with casualwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads