• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Why am I in love with these shoes, they're really not what I need
1640645011763.png
1640645028474.png

I feel like my friend who is looking for a long-term relationship but keeps dating the same kind of "elusive" men.

feliks

Reaction score
3B8598F4-26CB-4B9C-B4B3-152E95090770.jpg

979B5585-9E3B-4BC4-A6B5-04B1412E03D1.jpg

Should I get the sleeves of this EG jacket hemmed to the white line in the first pic or leave as is? My tailor let me know it would cut into two~ inches of the suede elbow patches, not sure if it’s worth it.

whipcord

Reaction score
Should I get the sleeves of this EG jacket hemmed to the white line in the first pic or leave as is? My tailor let me know it would cut into two~ inches of the suede elbow patches, not sure if it’s worth it.

If those sleeves were cut shorter I'd have to get rid of the jacket. When you reach for something, I am sure those sleeves are riding up well into your wrist area. You're not just walking around all day looking in the mirror with your arms at your side, are you?

I have hardly ever posted to this forum aside from today, lurking in the background for years, but I am constantly amazed at how many guys out there dress for appearance vs comfort**. A jacket whose sleeves end at the wrist when my arms are at my side is a jacket that I will never wear, because that means when I reach for something the sleeve is riding way up my wrist and arm - a sensation that's like nails on a chalkboard to me, but to each their own.

** - I am strictly talking about streetwear and casual clothing, not suits and formal wear.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1727917
View attachment 1727918

Is it cotton? I'm sure washing and throwing it the drier would help shorten the sleeves a touch naturally. It would also help loosen the material up so it's not so crispy and let it drape better too.

whipcord

Reaction score
Here's a heavy moleskin jacket I bought recently which has leather elbow patches as well. I took a picture of the sleeve so you can get an idea. It's probably even longer than yours on my hand. This jacket has an internal cuff as well. When I drive, which involves my arms of course reaching towards the steering wheel, climate controls, etc., it allows me to be comfortable. I am also wearing a sweater under the piece, and bought it for style and comfort, but I will NEVER sacrifice comfort. I have found if I do, then I never wear the garment.

PS - Sorry about the low quality pic, I just quickly snapped it to give you an idea of sleeve length. Not sure what all those spots are, it's a bedroom mirror, not the bathroom.

Attachments

• 20211229_145307.jpg
    20211229_145307.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 104

feliks

Reaction score
@malcb33

It's wool serge.

@whipcord

That looks like a cool jacket.

I'm keeping the length as is, I guess I'm still unlearning those things you first read about how things are 'supposed' to fit (i.e. jackets hitting at wristbone so they don't look oversized).

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1727917
View attachment 1727918

If we were to sell a jacket with sleeves that long, we would not allow the customer to leave with it that way. In this case, the sleeves would need to be shortened from the shoulders. Expensive but can be done to save the elbow patch placement.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The alternative given the button cuff, is to simply have the cuff button moved a little bit and tighten the cuffs so they don’t ride down on your hand. It’s cheap, will address the length issue me at the same time keep some slack in the sleeve for when you move and flex your arm. It also has the advantage of not moving the elbow patch either.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a short person, I have got used to rolling the cuffs back on many casual shirts and jackets - it only doesn't work on jackets that have very specific fancy cuff designs - and with those I just don't worry about it. It rarely looks noticeable.

Budd

Reaction score
The alternative given the button cuff, is to simply have the cuff button moved a little bit and tighten the cuffs so they don’t ride down on your hand. It’s cheap, will address the length issue me at the same time keep some slack in the sleeve for when you move and flex your arm. It also has the advantage of not moving the elbow patch either.

can the snap buttons on a sleeve cuff be moved? I have a western shirt with similar issues

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads