• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Am I crazy for really wanting this

View attachment 1600214

If I already have this?

View attachment 1600217

?

Please help me keep myself from making a mistake. The enchantment of this delicious light purple bandana patchwork has completely clouded my mind.
I'm going through a phase where I'm buying clothes extremely similar to stuff in my closet from 5 years ago. It's oddly comforting you're experiencing the same dilemma.

But gotta double up, right babe? *Wife rolls her eyes*

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1600214

If I already have this?

View attachment 1600217

?

Please help me keep myself from making a mistake. The enchantment of this delicious light purple bandana patchwork has completely clouded my mind.

Time to be the voice of dissent! :hide:

You're not crazy for wanting it, but colourwise it feels redundant. And you may or may not already have a bandanna Kakashi shirt. Don't do it.

I made a similar redundant purchase: I bought a short sleeved patchwork Kathmandu shirt on sale last year, after having owned a long sleeve one for years. I'm not sure when I'll ever get around to wearing it. Don't be like me!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate redundancy for the most part but I am a sucked for lee rider so I technically have the same thing 3 times. Lee 101j vintage, storm rider, Kapitals western with bone embroidery.

I don't know but I think it's too much but I'm a hypocrite

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

View attachment 1600214

If I already have this?

View attachment 1600217

?

Shirt is doable in an asian post-hippie who listens to Acid Mothers Temple on lsd kind of way but adding the much harder to pull off shape of the first piece in the mix makes it too much. Pass. Note that I'm anti visvim noragis too so YMMV

Rookoobay

Reaction score
def the noragi for Acid Mothers vibes (partied with them on their first US tour after a show, bandmate actually sold Kawabata a guitar since he destroyed his. super nice), but not both

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shirt is doable in an asian post-hippie who listens to Acid Mothers Temple on lsd kind of way but adding the much harder to pull off shape of the first piece in the mix makes it too much. Pass. Note that I'm anti visvim noragis too so YMMV

def the noragi for Acid Mothers vibes (partied with them on their first US tour after a show, bandmate actually sold Kawabata a guitar since he destroyed his. super nice), but not both

I love both. Don't care about "The Vibes". I just want to wear stuff I like. Overthinking clothes takes the fun out of it. Ymmv

However, as people have said before, they are pretty much entirely overlapping so I'll do the most sane thing and pass. Thanks SF!

feliks

Reaction score
Postalco-Rain_Cape-Ochre_OS_1-2_2048x2048.jpg

Postalco-Rain_Cape-Ochre_OS_2_2048x2048.jpg

looking for a light rain jacket for when it's hot and rainy outside and came across this raincape by postalco.

y/n?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Postalco-Rain_Cape-Ochre_OS_1-2_2048x2048.jpg

Postalco-Rain_Cape-Ochre_OS_2_2048x2048.jpg

looking for a light rain jacket for when it's hot and rainy outside and came across this raincape by postalco.

y/n?

Seems cool if you bike. Otherwise, for walking in the rain, I would want a longer raincoat.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1600214

If I already have this?

View attachment 1600217

?

I hate to say it but the Kakashi is way cooler, if you are going to get it, just sell the trucker

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sipang do you still wear your La Botte Gardians? Iirc you said they were TTS right?
I’m considering these for straight leg Howell and Lemaire stuff.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum I've been thinking about ordering a new pair one size up actually (so a 46), not sure if my feet have gotten bigger or if I've got used to more forgiving footwear but I've walked in them a bit lately and my toes are not happy.
For reference I'm a 11 in Nike and stuff.

Those new Clints look nice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads