• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** me, i guess i'll return the blue and exchange it for the burgundy lol. thanks for the input gentlemen.
smile.gif

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i like the grey wool better but maybe because it's cold outside...and it seems soft
Originally Posted by tonio028
It really just depends on what you need in the wardrobe, I think they both look great. I have plenty of Wool greys so as much as I like them, I am not going for them. I have the navy canvas in mind though as the material looks good.
I have charcoals, but no greys or navys... I honestly prefer the texture and feel of wool, but I really like the midnight navy shade, which is making things difficult
frown.gif
I would buy both, but I also want to get a button down, so I don't want to blow an extra 150.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dear nahneun,

since you asked me to comment on this, here you go.
screw canvas. this is ervell? his jeansy pants have a weird fit anyway, but maybe you like that skinny ****. get gray wool. i can't comment on the fit of his "formal" pants, though. it seems like in trying to reinvent the pants cut, he swings from having ones that are very wide to ones that are very slim (summer/winter jeans). never handled the trousers, no, wait, i have, at sample sales, but they always struck me as kind of peculiar, like some kind of banana republic cut. YMMV

this is my beef with most designers, though. i'll gladly plunder their knitwear and outerwear, but pants are super hit or miss, and too basic an item to be moonlighting around with

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
dear nahneun,

since you asked me to comment on this, here you go.
screw canvas. this is ervell? his jeansy pants have a weird fit anyway, but maybe you like that skinny ****. get gray wool. i can't comment on the fit of his "formal" pants, though. it seems like in trying to reinvent the pants cut, he swings from having ones that are very wide to ones that are very slim (summer/winter jeans). never handled the trousers, no, wait, i have, at sample sales, but they always struck me as kind of peculiar, like some kind of banana republic cut. YMMV

this is my beef with most designers, though. i'll gladly plunder their knitwear and outerwear, but pants are super hit or miss, and too basic an item to be moonlighting around with

sounds like i should just forgo the pants all together
frown.gif

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just buy something from my sale thread and call it a day, baby.
-your friendly neighborhood metallic knit provider

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
just buy something from my sale thread and call it a day, baby.
-your friendly neighborhood metallic knit provider

Just need a pair of pants, santa
frown.gif

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by i10casual
Should I get a black shoe that's not a formal shoe. I'm thinking about these.
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Blac...ird_18817.html

yes but black non formal shoes pair funny depending on the type of bottoms you like to wear with. you're probably gonna have to cuff AND stack some raw denim on those, or stick with non-dark color bottoms

Rankiz

Reaction score
Should I buy the Ralph Lauren academy coat in navy?
pPOLO2-8602402_standard_v330.jpg

Paired with this messenger bag:
file_8_41.jpg

What do you think?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads