• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

epliohunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranker
med.jpg

I think I just saw that at Holt Renfrew.

The fabric is **** (although soft!)... it's 100% synthetic. I think they tried to imitate cashmere.

I would say no, there are a lot of similar jackets made of nice cotton for the same price.

But that is if it's the same one I saw.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
need a boot that looks good tucked/untucked with 6'' hem jeans. i explored the option of buttero and f+b but cant seem to get them shipped to canada from barneys and other retailers. im wondering if anyone had any experience with "Helm Handmade" will the look good with said style? edit: how about the rag bone mallory boot?? i would def. consider a pair, any feedback on quality,sizing/mesh with my style would be appreciated. thanks!
Could always proxy the Butteros from Japan (touch more expensive, but it opens up 10x more variety instead of the plain brown/black smooth/distressed choices from Barneys), Rag boots are really nice and look well made (haven't seen much in the way of long-wear reviews though), think they started moving some of their footwear production to Asia though. The ones you posted are nice, but may be short for tucking. 6" hems though, what the **** jeans are you planning on wearing?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attachment sneaker boots. I realize this type of style is likely not too popular on this forum. But I don't view these as a replacement for my other boots. They would mostly be worn on bad weather days (snow and ice) or perhaps walking on trails in the woods (nothing rigorous)-- all the activities where my other boots fail.
sneaker_boot2.jpg
sneaker_boot3.jpg

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely get the n4's, but dude the sneaker boots in all honesty just look like a pair of nike boots getting date-raped by af1 his while on fire. I would pass. Those N4's are so good though, and I feel that no one appreciates that brand for how good it really is.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those lace ups look really nice, go for it. Yeah N4 has a lot of really nice stuff, considered getting this grandpa knit at one point.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
WELT_CARDIGAN_CX17_318x427.jpg

If that's your thing, that's your thing. I think you know if you can pull that off. Not me, personally. But if you're feelin' it, more power to you. I saw it too. ****'s tempting at a $teal. But think if you'll get real wear. Forget about the price. But there are some things I do buy knowing I'll only wear it once or twice. I'm sure we all do.

Originally Posted by snake
Those lace ups look really nice, go for it.

Yeah N4 has a lot of really nice stuff, considered getting this grandpa knit at one point.

This is amazing. I like the darker one, but am torn. I would love to just touch it. I've never heard of N4.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
If that's your thing, that's your thing. I think you know if you can pull that off. Not me, personally. But if you're feelin' it, more power to you. I saw it too. ****'s tempting at a $teal. But think if you'll get real wear. Forget about the price. But there are some things I do buy knowing I'll only wear it once or twice. I'm sure we all do.
would you (or anyone else) happen to know how it fits? That's actually my main concern... sizing on SA stuff can be all over the place...

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
would you (or anyone else) happen to know how it fits? That's actually my main concern... sizing on SA stuff can be all over the place...

Everything I've owned of SA house label (button downs, sweaters, jacket), they've always fit a little big. Like enough for me to size down. I wear an XS in all their button downs where as I normally wear a S in others (gitman, boo, gant etc). Size small sweater just fits a tiny bit big in my opinion. The jacket's roomy too. But with the no refunds, I suggest just playing it safe and going true to size. That's what I did today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads