Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. epliohunk

epliohunk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think I just saw that at Holt Renfrew.

The fabric is shit (although soft!)... it's 100% synthetic. I think they tried to imitate cashmere.

I would say no, there are a lot of similar jackets made of nice cotton for the same price.

But that is if it's the same one I saw.

2. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

3. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Wondering if I should size down on that Stevan Alan jacket if I decide to buy it? Any advice?

4. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

[​IMG]
    Also comes in green!

green! [​IMG]

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

need a boot that looks good tucked/untucked with 6'' hem jeans. i explored the option of buttero and f+b but cant seem to get them shipped to canada from barneys and other retailers. im wondering if anyone had any experience with "Helm Handmade" will the look good with said style? edit: how about the rag bone mallory boot?? i would def. consider a pair, any feedback on quality,sizing/mesh with my style would be appreciated. thanks!
    Could always proxy the Butteros from Japan (touch more expensive, but it opens up 10x more variety instead of the plain brown/black smooth/distressed choices from Barneys), Rag boots are really nice and look well made (haven't seen much in the way of long-wear reviews though), think they started moving some of their footwear production to Asia though. The ones you posted are nice, but may be short for tucking. 6" hems though, what the fuck jeans are you planning on wearing?

6. BB1

BB1 Senior member

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Attachment sneaker boots. I realize this type of style is likely not too popular on this forum. But I don't view these as a replacement for my other boots. They would mostly be worn on bad weather days (snow and ice) or perhaps walking on trails in the woods (nothing rigorous)-- all the activities where my other boots fail. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Definitely get the n4's, but dude the sneaker boots in all honesty just look like a pair of nike boots getting date-raped by af1 his while on fire. I would pass. Those N4's are so good though, and I feel that no one appreciates that brand for how good it really is.

9. snake

snake Senior member

Those lace ups look really nice, go for it. Yeah N4 has a lot of really nice stuff, considered getting this grandpa knit at one point. [​IMG]

10. Meis

Meis Senior member

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

[​IMG]

If that's your thing, that's your thing. I think you know if you can pull that off. Not me, personally. But if you're feelin' it, more power to you. I saw it too. Shit's tempting at a $teal. But think if you'll get real wear. Forget about the price. But there are some things I do buy knowing I'll only wear it once or twice. I'm sure we all do.

Those lace ups look really nice, go for it.

Yeah N4 has a lot of really nice stuff, considered getting this grandpa knit at one point.
    [​IMG]

This is amazing. I like the darker one, but am torn. I would love to just touch it. I've never heard of N4.

12. Meis

Meis Senior member

If that's your thing, that's your thing. I think you know if you can pull that off. Not me, personally. But if you're feelin' it, more power to you. I saw it too. Shit's tempting at a $teal. But think if you'll get real wear. Forget about the price. But there are some things I do buy knowing I'll only wear it once or twice. I'm sure we all do.
    would you (or anyone else) happen to know how it fits? That's actually my main concern... sizing on SA stuff can be all over the place...

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

would you (or anyone else) happen to know how it fits? That's actually my main concern... sizing on SA stuff can be all over the place...

Everything I've owned of SA house label (button downs, sweaters, jacket), they've always fit a little big. Like enough for me to size down. I wear an XS in all their button downs where as I normally wear a S in others (gitman, boo, gant etc). Size small sweater just fits a tiny bit big in my opinion. The jacket's roomy too. But with the no refunds, I suggest just playing it safe and going true to size. That's what I did today.

14. Binker

Binker Senior member

N4

[​IMG]

love them.

15. Steeze

Steeze Senior member