• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the green
satisfied.gif

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
need a boot that looks good tucked/untucked with 6'' hem jeans.

i explored the option of buttero and f+b but cant seem to get them shipped to canada from barneys and other retailers. im wondering if anyone had any experience with "Helm Handmade"

Attachment 53410

will the look good with said style?

edit: how about the rag bone mallory boot?? i would def. consider a pair, any feedback on quality,sizing/mesh with my style would be appreciated. thanks!

I think you should reconsider the 6 inch hems.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
293ujon.jpg
Been looking for something like this FOREVER. Problem is I'm a bit strapped for cash ATM. I could sell a CDG play tee to help fund it. Should I take the hit?

Snatch it. Will never beat the price. SA makes a nice jacket. The one I own feels extremely high quality. Nice hardware. Nice fabric. Nice construction. Sizing is a tad big like all SA (imo). edit; i made a killing this morning at the SA online sample sale. Some great deals to be had. I have to just block that site until the sale is over on Thursday. But got some great work clothing...great prices..free shipping. jeah.

takashi

Reaction score
293ujon.jpg

Been looking for something like this FOREVER.
Problem is I'm a bit strapped for cash ATM.
I could sell a CDG play tee to help fund it.
Should I take the hit?

Which brand is the jacket?
Or you looking for something like that jacket...?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Snatch it. Will never beat the price. SA makes a nice jacket. The one I own feels extremely high quality. Nice hardware. Nice fabric. Nice construction. Sizing is a tad big like all SA (imo). edit; i made a killing this morning at the SA online sample sale. Some great deals to be had. I have to just block that site until the sale is over on Thursday. But got some great work clothing...great prices..free shipping. jeah.
You sent me over the edge: Thank you for your order! An order notification has been sent to your e-mail address. Please contact us with any questions regarding your order. 22594\tSteven Alan Mens Hiking Jacket Color: Orange Size: S Thanks for the sizing info, I went with the small in orange. I found a 25% off coupon so the total was only $128 shipped, what a steal!

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
need a boot that looks good tucked/untucked with 6'' hem jeans.

i explored the option of buttero and f+b but cant seem to get them shipped to canada from barneys and other retailers. im wondering if anyone had any experience with "Helm Handmade"

Attachment 53410

will the look good with said style?

edit: how about the rag bone mallory boot?? i would def. consider a pair, any feedback on quality,sizing/mesh with my style would be appreciated. thanks!

you can't tuck with those boots, but by all accounts they're very well made. I'm thinking about getting a pair too.

Been looking for something like this FOREVER.
Problem is I'm a bit strapped for cash ATM.
I could sell a CDG play tee to help fund it.
Should I take the hit?

i don't really see what's so great about that jacket. How much of a hit are you taking?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
you can't tuck with those boots, but by all accounts they're very well made. I'm thinking about getting a pair too.

i don't really see what's so great about that jacket. How much of a hit are you taking?

$128, really nothing after I sell my CDG play shirt.

It's just exactly what I've been looking for, a warmer mountain parka looking jacket.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix

which cuz i already pulled the trigger ahah.

i bought the mallory boot. free shipping at oki ni

Not Carl

Reaction score
so close to pulling the trigger on it...

anyone for whether or not it's waterproof?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also should i get these?? too big to attach, heres link: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/ti...eatpants/30563 i had my eye on these and even pre ordered at forward, that fell thru, forward never got them in. then i was waiting to see if these would go on sale, they look to be selling out at ssense. i just received a rice thermal from bb1 and the quality is awesome, maybe its worth full retail? opinions?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
also should i get these??
too big to attach, heres link:
http://www.ssense.com/men/product/ti...eatpants/30563

i had my eye on these and even pre ordered at forward, that fell thru, forward never got them in.
then i was waiting to see if these would go on sale, they look to be selling out at ssense. i just received a rice thermal from bb1 and the quality is awesome, maybe its worth full retail?
opinions?

They're okay... don't think they're that amazing though. I honestly can't see sweats as anything more than something to lounge around in, so I'm biased, though.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sent me over the edge:

I found a 25% off coupon so the total was only $128 shipped, what a steal!

Haha, good work - you'll be glad you did. It'll be quality. When I got a similar jacket from SA (which I paid almost retail for
plain.gif
) I was seriously impressed by it, right out of the box, at first touch. After all the crappy zipper talk in the W+H thread, I appreciate the hard wear on these SA house branded jackets a lot (i.e. frickin awesome zipper). AND a 25% off coupon in addition to the sale. Yaaa, you did good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads