• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^agree with this. I like this thread, but I wouldn't personally put too much weight behind other users (at least some) comments even though I appreciate to hear opinions. Some of the time, though, when I'm not sure about something, I post in this thread and let it sit here and sink in for a while - after a few days I might realize I don't need it.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
I think a lot of people post stuff in here they intend to buy regardless just to solicit comments. I don't really see a problem with that, either, it creates discussion and it's fun to see what everyone is eyeballing

Originally Posted by asobu
^agree with this. I like this thread, but I wouldn't personally put too much weight behind other users (at least some) comments even though I appreciate to hear opinions. Some of the time, though, when I'm not sure about something, I post in this thread and let it sit here and sink in for a while - after a few days I might realize I don't need it.

xeno havent you learned that your never right??

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
what about his never right?
cool.gif

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people post stuff in here they intend to buy regardless just to solicit comments. I don't really see a problem with that, either, it creates discussion and it's fun to see what everyone is eyeballing
Mm, to some degree, but I think its fair to say most people are using this thread for its intended purpose - to get some insight or input on the community's opinion on a given item. Besides, thread isn't called 'look at what I might be buying', its 'should I or shouldn't I buy' and so by posting here you're indirectly asking for some kind of approval or disapproval even if you don't want to take it on board.
Originally Posted by ppllzz
xeno havent you learned that your never right??
Don't you have some gaudy winged sneakers to buy?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the style; prefer roughout, but those are nice. The tread on fracaps weirds me out. Also, it's hard to order mountaineering boots like that online b/c, IME, fit can be tricky. Not sure how sizing runs on those but you may want to search superfuture.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

this. that said, i do take comments from people who know my style into account. i probably wouldn't have bought that suit if it wasn't for all the positive comments

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still find it a tad ironic that you'd get defensive in this of all threads. You might not care for people's opinions but as mentioned, you indirectly ask for them by posting anything in this thread. So people are in line to voice their like/dislike of anything you post in this thread, including the mr. unconstructive criticism above.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Still find it a tad ironic that you'd get defensive in this of all threads. You might not care for people's opinions but as mentioned, you indirectly ask for them by posting anything in this thread. So people are in line to voice their like/dislike of anything you post in this thread, including the mr. unconstructive criticism above.

*exasperated sigh* ok xenox

Sigesti

Reaction score
I'm currently looking around for a few new shoes. In particular a grey/grey-blue and a white/beige. Here are a few I've been looking at. - Marc Jacobs, suede. Wish these were lighter. - Mezlan, suede - Vivienne Westwood, leather (kind of ridiculous...but fun?) And for white... - Florsheim (leather, leather, leather, suede) - Cavallini, suede Thanks much for any comments or alternative suggestions. My price range is to about $500 or so, and I'm looking for a size 12-13 regular.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of cocolate suede Mezlan shoes. They aren't bad, but fit smaller than they should be. I'm willing to part with them for a very reasonable price if you are looking for 9/8.5D US.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I guess, but not true for all; most of the stuff I post in here I don't end up buying and most of the stuff I buy I don't post in here. But it is a good thread for exactly the reason you mentioned regardless of how people use it.

Sigesti

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I have a pair of cocolate suede Mezlan shoes. They aren't bad, but fit smaller than they should be. I'm willing to part with them for a very reasonable price if you are looking for 9/8.5D US.

Ah, regrettably, I'm a size 12.5 US. I tend to have trouble finding items in my size. Thanks though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads