• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Dislike those F&Bs more after seeing more pics. Dunno if i was really concerned about overall "quality" issues but just dont' like the look of them which in the long run i'm more concerned with. Comeys for me at least are much more attractive, interesting, and capable of doing good things in outfits while the f&bs seem like just ok, kinda clunky shoes with good quality to maybe wear under jeans or something (the shape doesn't lend itself well to slim sleek trousers). Comeys aren't vass or anything but they're solid enough. Do you wear the kinda clothes to work with either? Would make a big difference. Just don't like the f&bs regardless though but if you like gothier or workwear stuff then probably neither, but if you like kinda ervell, our legacy preppy/american stuff like say mellowfellow, ahk, pinkpantser, etc... then they'd work really great. Don't remember your fits so i dunno

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
as im still in college, im looking to buy a black derby/formal shoes that can be worn casually and also for interviews. i have come to a conclusion that grenson kirk/VE derbies are the best options. any more suggestions, but with similar price to the above mentioned shoes?

grenson-kirk.jpg

um bump?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im normally not attracted to nike sneakers but im tempted to get these.
NIKE_SS10-Dunk_High_AC_002890_ret.jpg

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Belairs aren't bad but if its not a shoe you wanted w/o the deal then no. 150 for AEs isnt that great of a deal. You can have most new RRP AEs with codes and cashback for around 200 anyway.

enarchay

Reaction score
Another quick question... should I buy this sports coat off ebay? I currently only have two sports coats (Anderson-Little navy blazer and a Lands End tan wool sports coat I thrifted for $4). I like the pattern, but I'm wondering if it is worth the money. With what outfits could I wear that sports coat? Is it contemporary enough for a college student? Should I buy it? Could I get a better deal if I wait? Thanks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Im normally not attracted to nike sneakers but im tempted to get these.

NIKE_SS10-Dunk_High_AC_002890_ret.jpg

These are decent and inoffensive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads