• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
seriously, du is acting like he's buying a house

docgerrard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
Holy **** dude, they're 50 dollar canvas sneakers and I've now seen this same question in like three different places including the thread about it--just make a decision already. Why don't you order one pair of each from Zappos and then return whichever one you don't like?

damn bro chill out. every time i made a topic, people kept talking about the different variations of these shoes. the reason i keep reposting is definitely my bad, i should have phrased the questions better initially, but i didn't.

the things i am looking for aren't going to just make themselves known in the few days i will have to return them back to zappos.

also i dont want to deal with returns.

i even asked for more recommendations on durable shoes that can take some wear and tear without looking horrible and i haven't found anything on this yet

is there a reason that whenever pf flyers are brought up, only the bob cousy's are brought up? do the originals not hold up very well, do they look like ****, etc? these questions aren't going to be answered by trying them out in a day or two, you know?

thanks for the help though, i definitely know posting the same question over and over can be really annoying to see.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
The thing people are getting testy about is that you're humming and hahing over a purchase that does not matter. They're cheap disposable sneakers. Take a shot at something that you think looks good to you and if it doesn't work out, who cares, that's why they're cheap disposable sneakers.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
lolwut? What do you think people have been wearing as business casual in summer for the past decades? Moreover why do shirts with buttons have to be long sleeve? .

lolwut? does that make it right? seen men in summer wear wife-beater tank tops too. and black socks with shorts. and shorts.

doesn't mean it's a good look.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the brand new midtop version of these

martin-magiela-spring-2009-sneakers-1.jpg

OR

common project lows (some sort not sure yet) rag and bone for odin slimmmm khakis and 2 band of outsiders shirts?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't find picture for the ******* life of me but pretty much it's them in a midtop height without the straps and they're kinda the ideal shoe for me but i have literally zero summer wardrobe.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MMM hands down - just realised you weren't talking about those ones, still I have a hard time believing the MMM wouldn't curb stomp the CPs in a duel.
Originally Posted by Robert
lolwut? does that make it right? seen men in summer wear wife-beater tank tops too. and black socks with shorts. and shorts. doesn't mean it's a good look.
Your post gave me the impression that you thought of it as a foreign or awkward thing, "short sleeve shirt with buttons, really?". To which I say it's something that's been done for ages Whether it's 'right' seems awfully objective for a fashion forum, especially considering the ambiguity involved. To be honest I think there are too many short-sleeve button downs out there that the majority think look good to suggest that they generally look bad. And as I've said so many times before, this kind of prejudice doesn't really belong on a fashion forum because of the subjectivity and almost guarantee that there are examples out there that contradict the rule.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by docgerrard

is there a reason that whenever pf flyers are brought up, only the bob cousy's are brought up? do the originals not hold up very well, do they look like ****, etc? these questions aren't going to be answered by trying them out in a day or two, you know?

If it helps, I own a pair of Center Hi and feel they're a pretty good shoe for the price. They're more comfortable out of the box than Chucks imo (although Chucks are also too narrow for my feet). So far they've held up after about six months of real wear. But he real question is whether you like the look of them, as they're probably the more vintage looking of the two (that was one of the selling points for me).

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
MMM hands down - just realised you weren't talking about those ones, still I have a hard time believing the MMM wouldn't curb stomp the CPs in a duel.

it's not just CP's but CP's plus that long list of clothing versus JUST the margielas.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
the brand new midtop version of these

MMM

OR

common project lows (some sort not sure yet) rag and bone for odin slimmmm khakis and 2 band of outsiders shirts?

boo wins everytime. you can never have too many shirts!

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kinda what i'm leaning towards, just those margielas are so ******* versatile, but i think i really can't afford to drop 590 on one pair of shoes right now.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
kinda what i'm leaning towards, just those margielas are so ******* versatile, but i think i really can't afford to drop 590 on one pair of shoes right now.

its so ironic that the people who like designer stuff (young people) are also the least equipped to buy it (unless your parents spoil you)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads