Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

my parents haven't given me a cent in my entire memory aside from the occasional small birthday gift. i am more than willing to buy at full retail and have before but when summer is here one needs to prioritize properly.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I am of the opinion that you're always better off getting the one awesome thing than the several less awesome things.

3. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

kinda what i'm leaning towards, just those margielas are so fucking versatile, but i think i really can't afford to drop 590 on one pair of shoes right now.
    cop it all then cry when you get your cc bill. Seriousness though, which of them is likely to become unattainable first and less likely to get reduced/go on sale? Which do you need more, you more aching for clothes or do you really need a fresh pair of sneakers? Personally, I'd make use of lay-by for a retail pair of sneakers from somewhere I know and then cop the clothes gradually whilst gradually paying off the sneakers.
    my parents haven't given me a cent in my entire memory aside from the occasional small birthday gift. i am more than willing to buy at full retail and have before but when summer is here one needs to prioritize properly.
    I hear ya, I hate the retarded mentality that every kid that buys nice stuff has been financed by their parents. I think it's a jealousy or thing in that they're jealous that you're being financially responsible at a young age (e.g: "they probably just leech off their parents"), or if they are young they're so arrogant that they think they're the only ones who are financially responsible (e.g: "all other kids my age live off their parents")

4. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

the old style midtops are on yoox, fwiw

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

i actually don't have a credit card, and anyway, all the items in question are of equal awesomeness, i just can't decide, one pair of sneakers i can wear four seasons or half my summer wardrobe.

6. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

half my summer wardrobe.

I think that's your answer, I always think it's better to have a consistent wardrobe albeit of lower quality rather than a shitty wardrobe with one or two stellar pieces, not to say your wardrobe is shitty by any means but those mmm's will probably not do as much for your fits as buying half your summer wardrobe. Oh and MMM kicks are omnipresent, so it's quite likely those will be up for a good while - potentially till you can cop them.

7. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

the old style midtops are on yoox, fwiw

thank you, and thank you. Mommy will recieve a nice breakfast in hopes of me getting some shooz.

8. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I think that's your answer, I always think it's better to have a consistent wardrobe albeit of lower quality rather than a shitty wardrobe with one or two stellar pieces, not to say your wardrobe is shitty by any means but those mmm's will probably not do as much for your fits as buying half your summer wardrobe. Oh and MMM kicks are omnipresent, so it's quite likely those will be up for a good while - potentially till you can cop them.

agreed, and anyway, i already have a pair of MMM, i'm just craving new shoes for one of my soon to be purchased items, bless coat :3

9. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

agreed, and anyway, i already have a pair of MMM, i'm just craving new shoes for one of my soon to be purchased items, bless coat :3

how do the MMM shoes fit? I tried on a 40 in CP achilles recently and they were too long for my feet[​IMG] I'm an 8.5 in chucks tho.

10. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

i'm a 40/41 in CP and wear an 8 or so in chucks. i go with a 41 or a 40 in margiela as well, my pair is so old i actually can't remember what size they are.

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

which bless?

12. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

the hoodcoat in black wool.

13. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Personally, I'd make use of lay-by for a retail pair of sneakers from somewhere I know and then cop the clothes gradually whilst gradually paying off the sneakers.
    this, sir, is why you are a retard. you don't put $500 shoes on layaway. A) that's fucking ghetto as shit B) it's a sign that you PROBABLY shouldn't be buying the shoes to begin with
    i actually don't have a credit card
    probably the smartest thing ive heard you say (0)

14. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

[​IMG]

polarized

or

[​IMG]

retro super future

or

[​IMG]

does anyone know of a wayfarer styled glasses sub 160$ with polarized lenses? only the raybans got polarized, but the supers have ziess glass.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade