• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was thinking more of the F last though but Vass when done right is beautiful. Guys in the artisanal thread talk about leather boots all the time but Vass would be equally as cool. I find some semblance between Vass and MMoria if both done in a simple black shoe.

y'know I was talking about this years ago right?

/jet

but true

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about cheaper options than Vass? And is the only way to get the 1033 on a wide last to go MTM from their Canadian retailer?

Found some others,

Yuketen 1940 Millspec:

Paraboot Arles:

APC Gustave:

Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my (admittedly) extremely limited sample of 1 pair of black Chelsea boots, I wouldn't recommend apc unless u just wanted beaters and are not concerned abt leather quality/look/feel.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone handled Wacko Maria stuff? I'm not sure if awful or awesome...

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this Private White ventile raincoat worth it at 30% off (still around $620)? I'm on team @nicelynice trying to get rid of every trace of non-natural fabrics from my closet. It's made in Manchester, has Riri zippers, etc. but still quite expensive even at 30% off:

Been eyeing it since someone posted this video in the random fashion thoughts thread (I think) a few weeks back. I like about it the shade of blue/not too deep navy and the fact that it's unlined. I also had a look at this SEH Kelly, also in ventile:

About the SEH kelly I like that it has buttons instead of a zipper and that it's cheaper but I dislike the fact that it's lined and I prefer the simpler design in the PW. I'd also have to get it in another colour as navy is not available in my size anymore.

Last edited:

John-Galt

Reaction score
Is this Private White ventile raincoat worth it at 30% off (still around $620)? I'm on team @nicelynice trying to get rid of every trace of non-natural fabrics from my closet. It's made in Manchester, has Riri zippers, etc. but still quite expensive even at 30% off:

Been eyeing it since someone posted this video in the random fashion thoughts thread (I think) a few weeks back. I like about it the shade of blue/not too deep navy and the fact that it's unlined. I also had a look at this SEH Kelly, also in ventile:

About the SEH kelly I like that it has buttons instead of a zipper and that it's cheaper but I dislike the fact that it's lined and I prefer the simpler design in the PW. I'd also have to get it in another colour as navy is not available in my size anymore.
SEH SEH SEH
Buy the Kelly!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did not know there was an all-natural fabrics team. I want to be on that. Though I think I'm keeping my Norwegian Rain coat...

I like the Kelly version above. More interesting to me.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty simple question based on whether you want lined or unlined - they are two very different coats. It's hot and humid during rainy season here, so the SEH Kelly wouldn't work. If I lived somewhere cold and rainy, it would be better.

Or split the difference like me and get the Paul Harnden :) I love the ventile cotton fabric.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Or split the difference like me and get the Paul Harnden :) I love the ventile cotton fabric.

You mean quadruple the budget? :foo:

Last edited:

100 yrs

Reaction score

Crockett and jones grasmere. Would like some black derbies and like the scotch grain. Would wear mostly with black jeans or dark green/olive chinos.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Fish