1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Classified_

Classified_ Senior member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I feel like the only real reason to go with MMM is if you specifically like the style. There's a silhouette that's pretty common with MMM side-zips with a thin leather sole and a sleek but rounded toebox (more sleek viewed from the side and rounded viewed from above, if that makes sense).

If they're like regular Stan Smiths, they fit TTS. Sizing down would most likely be painful.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  3. Classified_

They should be regular SS... just with a W+H limited edition design. Shame :/

Anyone know if there's another site that sells these and ships to UK?

4. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

have you tried ebay? Last I checked (US site) there were a ton of those on there, I am sure some do international shipping.

5. Classified_

Tried, there are 2-3 there but for a very high price + high shipping and import charges... nearly X2 the retail price, which is definitely not worth it.

6. _inwonderland

_inwonderland Senior member

From the wings + horns site:

Important sizing note: Due to the unique construction of the wings+horns x adidas Stan Smith, customers are strongly recommended to size down a half size from their usual adidas fit.

7. Classified_

Hmm, interesting, thank you for this.

8. hmtwrk

hmtwrk Senior member

i love my buttero brunellos and i'll echo what others have said about the quality versus mmm (it's better). the sizing is bananas tho, my size 40s have a 12" outsole and i think i could have gone down another half size, that's going from a 41 to a 39.5 [​IMG]

9. Classified_

10. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

no. the guidi look is pretty much unique

1 person likes this.
  11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

also didn't nicely wear his guidis on some extended outdoor excursion, enduring a heavy monsoon somewhere along the way, and the boots survived? that should convince you enough.

2 people like this.
  12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

If you want Guidis, it's better to save up and buy Guidis rather than trying to find a Guidi substitute; you'll likely end up still wanting the Guidis, and you'll be stuck with whatever you bought instead.

IIRC that's a pretty standard model, so even if they're outside your budget this season, you should be able to find the same ones in a future season.

They do go on sale occasionally, and they can sometimes be had for cheaper on re.porter, ebay, &c. or second-hand on grilled or stylezeitgeist.

3 people like this.
  13. Classified_

The thing is I don't have to save for it, I got more than enough money to buy it. I'm just thinking if it's wise to spend $1K on boots at this point, but I guess that's totally up to me.

Will check if I can find them on sale or 2nd hand.

Thanks

P.S.

I ended up ordering the Stan Smiths in 7, but unfortunately, they were bang on my big toe, which was too tight, so returned them. Although a 7.5 would have been perfect.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  14. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

Really depends on your definition of wisdom.

Think about if you have the garments to go with them. Obviously you can wear them with whatever you want, but they tend to go best with fairly particular aesthetic, though theres always exceptions I guess.

15. Classified_

I believe they will fit my wardrobe nicely. I'm usually a jeans and t shirt/knit/cardigan guy, shirts sometimes, but not really a shirt man. These I believe will be perfect for that look.

What would you say works best with Guidi?

16. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

I recently got a Wings + Horns Indigo Field Jacket on sale. Unfortunately, I sized wrong and my correct size is OOS. I am trying to sell it here to recoup my losses a bit and get the right size, but I would like a second opinion.

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Classified_

I'm assuming you're on the right, do you think you sized up or down? Fit looks great to me...

18. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

Although I am flattered you think I am one of those people, they are just stock models. The one on me definitely hangs too long for it to be the right size. I was just wondering about the styling in general.

19. Classified_

Would be better if you can post a photo of you wearing it with something to judge better. Overall in my opinion I like the American army style of the jacket, but that's a very specific color and may not be a good all rounder with stuff you own. Just my 2 cents.

20. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

@Classified_ I am def not the person to ask on this since I don't own any and think you can do whatever you want to with them, but check out guidicommunity.tumblr.com which is run by the brand.

@Landau that size looks great on the sleeves and shoulders, maybe show it zipped up to check chest but looks good to go