• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in LA

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Pink's is not that bad. it is ok if you want some junky but tasty hot dog to eat.

certainly not worth waiting 1 hour in line for, and parking is terrible.

what i didnt get was when i was there once, i saw a couple order each: two chili dogs, large chili cheese fries and XL coke (44 oz looks like)

for each. i didnt get it. how do you shovel all that junk into your stomach? i got sick after seeing that and never went back.

That's the reason why I don't ever want to go back. I had a chili dog w/chili and cheese fries. I still feel sick thinking about it.
frown.gif

startac_fan

Reaction score
South Coast Plaza, which has been talked about frequently enought in this thread, doesn't offer any unique store over those already mentioned at the upscale shopping districts in LA. The Nordstrom at SCP is bigger than most of its kind. I must say SCP and the shops in the surrounding area is enough to satisfy all but the most discriminating tastes.

For a youth oriented shopping experience, I recommend travelling a little further down the 405 to the Irvine Spectrum, an open air mall.

Fashion Island at nearby Newport Beach is also an open air shopping mall and a mini-Rodeo Drive. Plenty of free parking at the suburban locations of course.

JimInSoCalif

Reaction score
If you go to Carroll & Co on Canon Dr. in BH, I suggest that you ask for J.B. to assist you - great guy.

It is about two blocks east of BB and there is limited parking in the alley in the back of the store.

Back in the old days, they were a great Trad store, but I don't think they have had a sack suit there in 20 years. I buy my MTM Samualsohn suits there and my Alden shoes. I guess you don't need a store for the latter.
smile.gif

sweep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by startac_fan
For a youth oriented shopping experience, I recommend travelling a little further down the 405 to the Irvine Spectrum, an open air mall.

I don't think I'd bother with the Spectrum - it's a bland piece of suburbia. But if you're around SCP, you may want to check out The Lab, which bills itself the "Anti-Mall", and the other youth/alternative shops in the area. The area is small, but hipster-ish: http://www.thelab.com/directions.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads