• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Chicago

FCS

Reaction score
Planning to go there tomorrow for a few days. Did anyone see any good deals for shoes and clothing accessories? More generally, where are the better places to find deals?

withstyle

Reaction score
I live in chicago. my best clothing deals are on STF, SF B&S, ebay, ehaberdasher, VCH, etc.

but while you are in Chicago, you should stop by Morris and Sons at 557 W Polk, but not if you wear smaller than a size 40 suit. also just walking around michigan avenue this time of year you'll probably find all sorts of deals. prada, hermes, jil sanders, gucci, etc all have boutiques at the north end of michigan avenue or just off of it to the west (towards rush street). brooks brothers, ralph lauren, zegna, ferragamo, burberry, bloomingdales, saks and neiman marcus are all on michigan avenue within easy walking distance of each other. skip water tower place.

best to start at the far north side of michigan avenue (i.e. around 900 north or slightly north) or on the far south side (maybe 400 or so but definitely not over the river) and just walk the whole thing, especially if it's your first time there, you haven't been in a while or don't go often.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also.....George Greene, Paul Start and Barney's on Oak Street.......Syd Jerome, Filene's Basement and Nordstrom Rack in the Loop.

FCS

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys. Just walked around the Loop tonight, missed Syd Jerome unfortunately. Will check other stores tomorrow.

Casey

Reaction score
I just went to the Barneys Las Vegas today, and seeing as how the Chicago store trumps this location by a hell of a lot, there are probably many deals to be had there (33% off most sale).

Hermitedge

Reaction score
sorry to bump an old thread for a mediocre question... but I saw that there are two H&Ms in the chicago area that arent too far apart. I was curious which one usually has a better stock with regards to mens clothing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads