• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes With Chinos? Under $200

Wolfpackesq

Reaction score
Ok, my last post was similar please don't torch me. I've relegated the bals to suit wear.

I'm now in search of proper shoes to wear with chinos and an oxford for under $200. I'm goin for a pressed, non-casual look. If it's not proper please steer me a different way but I would like a leather sole and perhaps a wingtip. Other than that I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Zappos.com close?

Wolfpackesq

Reaction score
^^ That was helpful thanks.
inlove.gif

I actually like the shoes in your avy. Most likely out of my price range, but what are they?

Still looking for answers. As is obvious I'm new around here, if I'm missing something let me know. I searched for the topic and didnt' find what I was looking for, the topic was geared more toward "casual."

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolfpackesq
Ok, my last post was similar please don't torch me. I've relegated the bals to suit wear.

I'm now in search of proper shoes to wear with chinos and an oxford for under $200. I'm goin for a pressed, non-casual look. If it's not proper please steer me a different way but I would like a leather sole and perhaps a wingtip. Other than that I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Try the Brooks Brothers sale.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For under $200, you are looking at Rockport, Johnston & Murphy, etc. Is there a DSW near you?

Know that you are not getting a very well-made shoe at that price point. Use shoe trees, polish them regularly, and don't wear them on consecutive days.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some AE seconds from ebay namely Grapevine hill or their factory store
What siZe are you?

Wolfpackesq

Reaction score
^ I'm a size 10.

I do have a DSW close to me. One of the reasons I want to keep it under $200 is I am new to wearing this type of attire and quite honestly don't want to spend money on mistakes. With that said, I still don't have $500 to spend either. Which rules out the Peal & Co. Suede captoe's, a shoe that I think fits the bill for what I'm looking for.

Maybe something similar at a lower price point?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not spending money on mistakes is wise. This is why you want to get fitted. Go to the AE store locator and look for an outlet or factory store near you. If there is none, see what you can do in DSW. The salespeople that I've experienced with AE in malls are pretty clueless and mainly sell those shoes in the DSW. AE represents the highest price point in a lot of fairly nice malls and the $300+ scares people.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ That was helpful thanks.
inlove.gif

I actually like the shoes in your avy. Most likely out of my price range, but what are they?

Still looking for answers. As is obvious I'm new around here, if I'm missing something let me know. I searched for the topic and didnt' find what I was looking for, the topic was geared more toward "casual."

I never found these exact shoes, but I got a pair of BB Peal wingtips for $275 on sale to live up to the picture.

Suede's a good way to go. Are you wearing these for work or play?

Edit: you might look at the Loake shoes at pediwear.co.uk. UK shoes in general are sized one full size smaller than US (UK 8E/F = US 9D).

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Not a bad idea. Allen Edmonds on ebay would be my recommendation as well, but they actually are quite weak in the wingtip department on ebay.

Do you want closed or open lacing? Here's something in a closed lacing format.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Allen-Edmond...QQcmdZViewItem

I would check out DSW - the AE's there tend to be about $200, and at the very least, you can try them on for size and see what you like. On ebay, brand new calf AE's tend to go for about $100-175.

Wolfpackesq

Reaction score
letmebefell:

Ya, If I could get a pair of the Peal wingtips for that price I'd be in business. I know I just missed out on their sale
frown.gif

I checked out the Loake's, the chester may be what I'm looking for, thanks.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

NoVaguy:

I like the Dryden a lot, I just figured it was too dressy for khaki's (closed lacing, making it a bal (I think)) If it would work I would pick those up in a heartbeat.

Thanks for all the help, I'll be checking out DSW this weekend.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a look at any of these...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZportwashshoes
All of the Faconnables look to be made by Allen Edmonds and any mistake would be an inexpensive ones. Most of the people who have bought them, love them and the ones with sizing problems have been able to sell them on the B&S quickly at the amount they paid plus shipping.

GeorgePaul

Reaction score
I would suggest AE, also. But don't buy off the Internet unless you've had AE shoes before -- go to a decent store that has them, try them on and see what looks/fits best. Nordstrom has some AE shoes on sale now, so that may be an option for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads