• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes + Watches Pictures

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
The C&J Woburn looks great.

I don't think I've seen it before, is it a discontinued model?

Do you know what last it's on and whether that's the normal C&J snuff suede?

It's a model they had for just a couple of years at the Paris shop, at least 7 or 8 years ago. I haven't seen it since then. I think it was their first stab at offering a lined Chukka, and has been replaced by the Chiltern. The difference being that the Woburn has 2 eyelets, the Chiltern 3. I think the last is identical, the very round and somewhat wide 224. The suede is not the traditional snuff, it's more a rust color.

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chison
very nice collection! can you tell us where you got the bands for the first two tudors? thanks

I got them at Garde-Temps, a vintage watch shop located in Galerie Vivienne, Paris (2nd Arrondissement). They have a very nice selection but the price is very steep: EUR 30 for 1, EUR 50 for 2.

There is a website that has more or less the same selection, at a more reasonable price:

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/NATOStrap.htm

You might want to give them a try.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flanker2000fr
It's a model they had for just a couple of years at the Paris shop, at least 7 or 8 years ago. I haven't seen it since then. I think it was their first stab at offering a lined Chukka, and has been replaced by the Chiltern. The difference being that the Woburn has 2 eyelets, the Chiltern 3. I think the last is identical, the very round and somewhat wide 224. The suede is not the traditional snuff, it's more a rust color.

Thank you. From your pic I think it looks slightly less rounded than the Chiltern, but great boot either way.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great photos. Thank you, and my compliments on beautiful purchases.
Some of those watches look rather beefy but a pleasure to look at.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
I have shoe / watch envy
plain.gif

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Great photos. Thank you, and my compliments on beautiful purchases.
Some of those watches look rather beefy but a pleasure to look at.

Thanks for the kind comments.

As a matter of fact, there are just two really beefy watches: the Panerai and the Seiko, wich are both 44mm wide and 16mm thick. For sure, they do not suit all occasions, but look really nice with sportier outfits.

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
People don't believe me when I say that the XGT case sits really high on the wrist and sticks out significantly more than the other Reverso cases. These pictures are worth a thousand words.

I agree that the XGT case has a lot more presence, and sits higher on the wrist that a GT or a Classic, which are more slender.

But bear in mind that this is exaggerated in these wristshots because of the angle of the pictures.

Case in point:

JLC-Buffalo001.jpg

JLC-Buffalo004.jpg

Here, the watch looks out of proportion with my 16.5cm wrist.

But look at the following ones:

JLC-Buffalo006.jpg

JLC-Buffalo008_cr.jpg

It looks a lot more reasonable, doesn't it?

Given that the Reverso comes in 4 sizes, it is imperative to try different models to check which ones fit. In my case, the Classic was way too small, the 976/986 way too big (lovely proportions, though), the GT very acceptable but I chose the XGT in this particular version (GMT) for its versatility.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks a lot more reasonable, doesn't it?

it's a polarizing piece.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
flanker - it looks perfectly fine on your wrist. I used to own a RGD a few years ago and although I loved the watch, I had to sell it because of how it was sitting on my wrist. I completely agree that everyone should try the different case sizes and find the one that works for their wrist. I don't have small wrists (I wear PAMs and IWC big pilot without any issue) but my issue with the XGT case is more a matter of proportions than simply size - it is the only case size in the Reverso range that has a different height to length/width ratio. The height was disproportionally stretched compared to how the case size is stretched vs GT or Classic. I understand it was by design because JLC wanted to have a case where they could comfortably fit multiple complications and felt the additional height was needed. It just doesn't feel right to me - but I'm in a small minority given how incredibly successful the whole XGT range has been for the brand

chison

Reaction score
I got them at Garde-Temps, a vintage watch shop located in Galerie Vivienne, Paris (2nd Arrondissement). They have a very nice selection but the price is very steep: EUR 30 for 1, EUR 50 for 2.

There is a website that has more or less the same selection, at a more reasonable price:

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/NATOStrap.htm

You might want to give them a try.

thank you sir!

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Appreciation like this should have been marked "NSFW".

Great collection all around, the C&J Gatsby is one of my favorite shoes.
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads