Shoe tree sale at the Rack

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roger Everett, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Roger Everett

Roger Everett Senior member

I've been buying Woodlore cedar shoe trees at Nordstrom Rack since I discovered that they sell them @ 12.90 instead of the 20 something I'd been paying. But walked in the other day and noticed they have them on sale @ $9.90 till mid month. They're the combo trees ( split ), Which I prefer. Don't think the price can be beat.

2. JGloger

JGloger Senior member

Thanks for the heads up!

3. Booter

Booter Senior member

agreed - they hold up well, they're cedar, and they do their job.

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i plan to buy them all and sell them here on sf for $10

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I bought a half dozen of these shoe trees from the Rack, and I've had some problems with pieces of cedar splintering off of them. Be aware that with these cheap shoe trees, sometimes you get what you pay for.

6. barzen

barzen Well-Known Member

I was wondering about the quality of the shoe trees at the Rack. Mine seem to be holding up fine, but I've only had them for about three months. Can anybody else weigh in on the quality of these? Is there a difference between these and a more expensive shoe tree?

7. Patek

Patek Senior member

I was wondering about the quality of the shoe trees at the Rack. Mine seem to be holding up fine, but I've only had them for about three months. Can anybody else weigh in on the quality of these? Is there a difference between these and a more expensive shoe tree?

Lack of full heel, crappy hardware, and below quality wood that does not smell too good.

As others have said, you get what you pay for.

8. nbmplano

nbmplano Senior member

Someone on SF said (and i have noticed as well) the Rack trees are essentially the seconds of the regular Nordstrom trees. They will typically have more knots and pits in the wood, but I believe they share the same hardware.

Either way, I typically stock up on the regulars during Nordy's sale.

9. Patek

Patek Senior member

Someone on SF said (and i have noticed as well) the Rack trees are essentially the seconds of the regular Nordstrom trees. They will typically have more knots and pits in the wood, but I believe they share the same hardware. Either way, I typically stock up on the regulars during Nordy's sale.
    I have never purchased them at the rack, but I have purchased them in the regular store and they are very crappy. I use them now for my eh shoes. Once you get ahold of some quality ones, you will see what I mean.

10. otc

otc Senior member

I have never purchased them at the rack, but I have purchased them in the regular store and they are very crappy. I use them now for my eh shoes.

Once you get ahold of some quality ones, you will see what I mean.

I bought a set of the woodlores from the rack a month ago after getting a new pair of shoes.

They are not as nice as the costco trees I have which are full heal and feel pretty solid but they fit better....the costco trees max out in my larger shoes while the ones from the rack are about the same price and are available in many sizes (and I have not seen the cosco trees for sale in a while).

11. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Someone on SF said (and i have noticed as well) the Rack trees are essentially the seconds of the regular Nordstrom trees. They will typically have more knots and pits in the wood, but I believe they share the same hardware.

Either way, I typically stock up on the regulars during Nordy's sale.

That would actually make a lot of sense. Some of the Rack shoe trees I bought are manufactured by Rochester, who makes shoe trees for Alden, Brooks Brothers, Leather Soul, etc. But the Rochester shoe trees at the Rack have lower quality wood, flimsier hardware, and fussier springs than their rebranded stuff.

12. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Just go and buy the full toe ones from JAB when they have a buy one get ten free sale [​IMG]

13. Patek

Patek Senior member

I'm currently traveling for work. When I get home, I will post some comparison pictures of shoe trees.

14. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I do not understand why people need to cheap out on the shoe trees. People on this board spend so much money on quality shoes, why not spend the little extra for shoe trees. The last set I ordered from one of our vendors I got 4 for the price of 3 and it came to @18.00 dollars each and they fit great and I intend to get more and sell my overpriced Alden ones.

15. nelly

nelly Senior member

Is this sale online or in store only?