• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1448xlj.jpg

whiskey ptb
argyles otc

you must have forearms of STEEL from all that shell polishin'! Great shine... as always.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Nah, I just remember not so long ago a guy who REALLY wanted to fit in on SF. He posted all kinds of pics of his things... and got ROASTED. Not such a bad thing to get roasted, but he couldn't handle it, so decided to CONFORM. He even bought some NIB Stefanobi Norv's that he really seemed to like. Posted them and got luke-warm reception from some others... suddenly, they "didn't fit" and they went back. I guess he only likes things when he can get the Group Approval.
Now he doesn't ever seem to make an original purchase. He waits for some other SF Approved poster to buy them first, THEN he buys the same ones. Seems to have lost his identity. In fact, he had been a gentleman on this particular thread for quite some time... but when he was most thirsting for approval, a coupla of his buddies started acting like jerks. Sooooooooo BACK ON THE BANDWAGON!
Really, it's quite sad. You know him? :nodding:

Why bring NORE into this? :confused:

I like how you called me a liar, conformist, asshole and fake all in one post. I guess we really were on "great terms" all along, eh? And, can you give examples of each of the things you accuse me of being/doing? All I said about you was that your shoes are mostly ugly and uninteresting, and that you were perhaps a closest. Looks like you had alot btled up for me :lol:

I'd mostly like to know what I posted that was roasted and how I chose to conform? :puzzled:

Last edited by a moderator:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This thread was awesome when we talked about new awesome shoe awesomeness.
So, here are my awesome new shoes. Lets talk about them, OK?

nephew,
how about a detailed description?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo, those are gemmed, right? And from this century? I would send them back. So many wonderful shoes worn by Mark Twain to be had.

Your comments are both foolish and hypocritical, IMO.

The fundamentals of shoemaking...including much of the basic patterning and construction techniques, machine made or hand-made...go back in a direct line to the 17th century and beyond.

And if you were really consistent you'd wear nothing but Nike's or some other totally synthetic, injection molded, swaddling monstrosity. Think of it...cheap, wear forever, don't have to worry about whether they fit you properly--the best of ticky-tacky...the best of your world. And you even reap the brand-name cachet of Nike or Adidas. Or Air Jordan.

And you don't even have to give a ****. Sweet!

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Boy, you guys really get bent out of shape when someone doesn't agree with your opinion. :lol:

Also, care you expand on the "best of ticky-tacky, best of your world" line? I love these random personal insults when I'm talking about shoes.

Last edited:

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Boy, you guys really get bent out of shape when someone doesn't agree with your opinion. :lol:
Also, care you expand on the "best of ticky-tacky, best of your world" line? I love these random personal insults when I'm talking about shoes.

I don't care if you disagree...it is the manner and context in which you disagree. It strains credulity to pretend to be offended when you so readily and deliberately offer offense to others.

The problem is you're not talking about shoes, you're talking about the primacy of your opinions...and uneducated opinions at best.

It also strains credulity to assert that you and all but six other people in the world don't care about whether their shoes are gemmed or not, and then ask people to believe that you care whether a suit is made of wool or poly-viscose or whether is is fused or canvased. Or even that you have the simple ability to discern, much less care about, quality.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This thread was awesome when we talked about new awesome shoe awesomeness.
So, here are my awesome new shoes. Lets talk about them, OK?

Spoo,

Great shoes, but I think the thread is lost (pun intended). It is a shame as this was one of the best. Glad you posted those -- they are quite nice.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo,
Great shoes, but I think the thread is lost (pun intended). It is a shame as this was one of the best. Glad you posted those -- they are quite nice.

Thanks, and I agree with you, its too bad. I hate to bow out of threads, but this has been painful to follow with an active interest lately. Unless someone wants to fight with me?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

I don't care if you disagree...it is the manner and context in which you disagree. It strains credulity to pretend to be offended when you so readily and deliberately offer offense to others.
The problem is you're not talking about shoes, you're talking about the primacy of your opinions...and uneducated opinions at best.
It also strains credulity to assert that you and all but six other people in the world don't care about whether their shoes are gemmed or not, and then ask people to believe that you care whether a suit is made of wool or poly-viscose or whether is is fused or canvased. Or even that you have the simple ability to discern, much less care about, quality.

Outside of this forum, and a select few shoe making nerds in your inner circle, no one gives a **** about high end shoes being gemmed. If people cared as much as you seem to, EG/GG/Lobb, etc. would not be in business. Just because you've spent your life making shoes by hand and are essentially married to your craft, for better or worse, doesn't mean that other shoes which aren't made in someone's woodshed are worse than yours. They are made differently, but they are no worse. You think there's a line of people knocking down the door of the aforementioned makers screaming about gemming failure? Is it more likely that should happen, or that 1 of 100 buyers even knows what gemming is? My opinions are just like yours, but you don't see me making it personal like you and your shoe fetishist friend seem to.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads