• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
Had all my EGs out tonight - trying to come up with the color for my next acquisition. I'm looking to get a punch cap/ adelaide (Lichfield, Canterbury, Midfort)

Would like a warm brown, but not too dark. Right now thinking burnt pine (same as the Dovers below), any other suggestions?

IMG_2572.jpg

What last/s are the ones on the lower left and lower right made on?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had all my EGs out tonight - trying to come up with the color for my next acquisition. I'm looking to get a punch cap/ adelaide (Lichfield, Canterbury, Midfort) Would like a warm brown, but not too dark. Right now thinking burnt pine (same as the Dovers below), any other suggestions?
Nice collection!!! I vote for Lichfield/Canterbury. What size do you wear? The more refined brogueing on the Lichfield is quite nice with the smaller, more dainty feet I think.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had all my EGs out tonight - trying to come up with the color for my next acquisition. I'm looking to get a punch cap/ adelaide (Lichfield, Canterbury, Midfort)

Would like a warm brown, but not too dark. Right now thinking burnt pine (same as the Dovers below), any other suggestions?

]

+1 on the Bauxite Antique or how bout the Redwood (more conservative) or Burgundy Antiques
EGCadoganBauxiteAntique.jpg

Cadogan in Bauxite Antique
EGWeymouthRedwoodAntique1.jpg

Weymouth in Redwood Antique
EGWeymouthBurgundyAntique.jpg

Weymouth in Burgundy Antique

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or there's the wing-capped Southwold in Whiskey

EGSouthwoldWhiskey.jpg

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
^ Great collection!

What are the different colours of the 5 brown ones?

Originally Posted by kolecho
What last/s are the ones on the lower left and lower right made on?

From Top left: Edwardian 888, 606 Burnt Pine, 82 Burgundy Antique, 82 Dark Oak
From bottom left: 202 Chestnut, 888 Black, 82 Black

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
No suggestions ,but those dovers look great.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hot damn, thats a nice collection.

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Burton
You need derbys - I would suggest the Monmouth or:

http://blog.leffot.com/wp-content/up...4/DSC_0714.jpg

Originally Posted by gusvs
[/SPOILER]

Very nice collection of EG's! How about something in suede next?

Originally Posted by BrooklynWeGoHard
or suede cadogan

I do have derbies/suedes etc in other makers. Pretty set on the calf adelaide, just trying to nail down the color.

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Nice collection!!!

I vote for Lichfield/Canterbury. What size do you wear? The more refined brogueing on the Lichfield is quite nice with the smaller, more dainty feet I think.

Tks TD. I am a 9/9.5 or 9.5/10 last dependent. How do you think they work for mid-sized feet?
blush.gif

Originally Posted by luk-cha
theyare, Bauxite would be my choice

Originally Posted by coolshoes
Hazel is an incredibly nice brown shade and I think would be a wonderful addition to your amazing EG collection.
Originally Posted by Pliny
+1 on the Bauxite Antique or how bout the Redwood (more conservative) or Burgundy Antiques
[IMGhttp://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/EGs/EGCadoganBauxiteAntique.jpg[/IMG
Cadogan in Bauxite Antique
[IMGhttp://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/EGs/EGWeymouthRedwoodAntique1.jpg[/IMG
Weymouth in Redwood Antique
http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/EGs/EGWeymouthBurgundyAntique.jpg[/IMG
Weymouth in Burgundy Antique[/I]

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by [B]Pliny[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=4300729#post4300729'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]

Wow, I really wasn't even aware of some of these colors. All of my EGs have been rtw at this point. As I explore the MTO, hopefully I'll be able to check some of them out in person.
Pliny - is that whiskey color a calf or cordovan option (not even sure if EG makes too much cordovan)?
Thanks!

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, I really wasn't even aware of some of these colors. All of my EGs have been rtw at this point. As I explore the MTO, hopefully I'll be able to check some of them out in person.
Pliny - is that whiskey color a calf or cordovan option (not even sure if EG makes too much cordovan)?
Thanks!

it's cordo - the Leathersoul site has great photos in exotic colours and the place for MTO.
congrats on your collection
thumbs-up.gif

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny

EGSouthwoldWhiskey.jpg

The EG Southwold does not get much love around here but they're one of my favorites!!

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Santoni Ltd Edition norvegese captoe in antique brown.

IMG_9759.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_9763.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love 'em. With sole edges that protrude like that because of the norvegese construction - it's either love 'em or hate 'em - I don't think there's a middle ground.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Love 'em. With sole edges that protrude like that because of the norvegese construction - it's either love 'em or hate 'em - I don't think there's a middle ground.

I couldn't have said it better myself, friend. Norvegese is DEFINITELY a question of personal taste. There's a definite style to them, and they do stand out. One thing for sure, when you show up for a job interview with a pair, they remember your name (they might not actually HIRE you, but...)

Glad you like 'em.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow

Totally. And put me firmly in the "love" column. Great shoes!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I like 'em more than most of the norvegese that have been posted lately. That's a good style for the treatment, and this isn't as OTT as some of the others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads