Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Had all my EGs out tonight - trying to come up with the color for my next acquisition. I'm looking to get a punch cap/ adelaide (Lichfield, Canterbury, Midfort)

Would like a warm brown, but not too dark. Right now thinking burnt pine (same as the Dovers below), any other suggestions?

[​IMG]

What last/s are the ones on the lower left and lower right made on?

2. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Had all my EGs out tonight - trying to come up with the color for my next acquisition. I'm looking to get a punch cap/ adelaide (Lichfield, Canterbury, Midfort) Would like a warm brown, but not too dark. Right now thinking burnt pine (same as the Dovers below), any other suggestions?
    Nice collection!!! I vote for Lichfield/Canterbury. What size do you wear? The more refined brogueing on the Lichfield is quite nice with the smaller, more dainty feet I think.

3. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Had all my EGs out tonight - trying to come up with the color for my next acquisition. I'm looking to get a punch cap/ adelaide (Lichfield, Canterbury, Midfort)

Would like a warm brown, but not too dark. Right now thinking burnt pine (same as the Dovers below), any other suggestions?

]

+1 on the Bauxite Antique or how bout the Redwood (more conservative) or Burgundy Antiques
    [​IMG]
    Cadogan in Bauxite Antique
    [​IMG]
    Weymouth in Redwood Antique
    [​IMG]
    Weymouth in Burgundy Antique

4. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

or there's the wing-capped Southwold in Whiskey

[​IMG]

5. theyare

theyare Senior member

^ Great collection!

What are the different colours of the 5 brown ones?

What last/s are the ones on the lower left and lower right made on?

From Top left: Edwardian 888, 606 Burnt Pine, 82 Burgundy Antique, 82 Dark Oak
    From bottom left: 202 Chestnut, 888 Black, 82 Black

No suggestions ,but those dovers look great.

Hot damn, thats a nice collection.

Thanks guys!

You need derbys - I would suggest the Monmouth or:

http://blog.leffot.com/wp-content/up...4/DSC_0714.jpg

[/SPOILER]

Very nice collection of EG's! How about something in suede next?

or suede cadogan

I do have derbies/suedes etc in other makers. Pretty set on the calf adelaide, just trying to nail down the color.

Nice collection!!!

I vote for Lichfield/Canterbury. What size do you wear? The more refined brogueing on the Lichfield is quite nice with the smaller, more dainty feet I think.

Tks TD. I am a 9/9.5 or 9.5/10 last dependent. How do you think they work for mid-sized feet?[​IMG]

theyare, Bauxite would be my choice

Hazel is an incredibly nice brown shade and I think would be a wonderful addition to your amazing EG collection.
    +1 on the Bauxite Antique or how bout the Redwood (more conservative) or Burgundy Antiques
    [IMGhttp://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/EGs/EGCadoganBauxiteAntique.jpg[/IMG
    Cadogan in Bauxite Antique
    [IMGhttp://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/EGs/EGWeymouthRedwoodAntique1.jpg[/IMG
    Weymouth in Redwood Antique
    http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/EGs/EGWeymouthBurgundyAntique.jpg[/IMG
    Weymouth in Burgundy Antique[/I]

[QUOTE]
    Originally Posted by [B]Pliny[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=4300729#post4300729'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]

Wow, I really wasn't even aware of some of these colors. All of my EGs have been rtw at this point. As I explore the MTO, hopefully I'll be able to check some of them out in person.
    Pliny - is that whiskey color a calf or cordovan option (not even sure if EG makes too much cordovan)?
    Thanks!

6. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Wow, I really wasn't even aware of some of these colors. All of my EGs have been rtw at this point. As I explore the MTO, hopefully I'll be able to check some of them out in person.
    Pliny - is that whiskey color a calf or cordovan option (not even sure if EG makes too much cordovan)?
    Thanks!

it's cordo - the Leathersoul site has great photos in exotic colours and the place for MTO.
    congrats on your collection[​IMG]

7. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

[​IMG]

The EG Southwold does not get much love around here but they're one of my favorites!!

8. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

Santoni Ltd Edition norvegese captoe in antique brown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

10. isshinryu101

[​IMG]

I just love your positive attitude & openness!

11. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Love 'em. With sole edges that protrude like that because of the norvegese construction - it's either love 'em or hate 'em - I don't think there's a middle ground.

12. isshinryu101

Love 'em. With sole edges that protrude like that because of the norvegese construction - it's either love 'em or hate 'em - I don't think there's a middle ground.

I couldn't have said it better myself, friend. Norvegese is DEFINITELY a question of personal taste. There's a definite style to them, and they do stand out. One thing for sure, when you show up for a job interview with a pair, they remember your name (they might not actually HIRE you, but...)

Glad you like 'em.

13. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Totally. And put me firmly in the "love" column. Great shoes!

14. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Santoni Ltd Edition norvegese captoe in antique brown.

love these, I would wear the hell out of them

15. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I like 'em more than most of the norvegese that have been posted lately. That's a good style for the treatment, and this isn't as OTT as some of the others.