Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Unbelievable! Why didn't you say you had an online store where we could kop these?????

I'm really tempted to get the split toe derby's and the brown oxfords. Do these shoes run true to size? Are these particularly narrow lasts, average, or average-wide?

Carmina Family Photo

[​IMG]

2. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Edward Green MTO that came in this week: Newmarket in Burnt Pine with a dainite sole on the 606 last in a size 11/11.5 C. They fit pretty well if a bit roomy and even a C width in the 606 is still pretty wide for me. The 606 is a shorter last hence a bigger size than I would normally do.

When they came in they were a bit too light. I used some dark brown cream mixed with a touch of black cream followed by dark brown wax and they turned out very nicely. A great shade. The first photo is the best in-real-life color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Unbelievable! Why didn't you say you had an online store where we could kop these?????

I'm really tempted to get the split toe derby's and the brown oxfords. Do these shoes run true to size? Are these particularly narrow lasts, average, or average-wide?

i would say most are around an E width and pretty true to size as i tried pretty much all that they had in my size and they were fine

4. luk-cha

Edward Green MTO that came in this week: Newmarket in Burnt Pine with a dainite sole on the 606 last in a size 11/11.5 C. They fit pretty well if a bit roomy and even a C width in the 606 is still pretty wide for me. The 606 is a shorter last hence a bigger size than I would normally do.

When they came in they were a bit too light. I used some dark brown cream mixed with a touch of black cream followed by dark brown wax and they turned out very nicely. A great shade. The first photo is the best in-real-life color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

perhaps you should have stuck with the 888?

5. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

perhaps you should have stuck with the 888?

Nah. They seem to fit well and it's nice to have some variety as I don't have anything on the 606 and have always liked the last. Even with very thin socks on today they are very doable so with more normal socks they should work very nicely.

6. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

^ They look great, David.
    I am trying to convince Chay to make me a pair of Bal boots in shell.
    So have I!
    C&J for BB's, dark brown shell cordovan. perfect winter boots imo. Dainite sole. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Very nice.

7. luk-cha

Nah. They seem to fit well and it's nice to have some variety as I don't have anything on the 606 and have always liked the last. Even with very thin socks on today they are very doable so with more normal socks they should work very nicely.

what ever happened to you LAST you had made?

8. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

what ever happened to you LAST you had made?

The fit was unfortunately off enough that it's too difficult to fix without proper fittings and me being 3000 miles away doesn't work well in that regard. Springline and AS haven't worked together regularly and I guess different makers last things in different ways in terms of tightness. I trust that for both of them my situation will just be a learning experience which I'm sure they'll improve upon by working together more. Luckily, one of their standard lasts actually seems to fit me well enough with a full sock lining. I have the Culford on dark brown country calf on the way so we'll see!

emptym - glad you like the boots!

10. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Very excited, my first pair. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Are these the Alden Plain Toe Bulcher's in Cordovan #8?

11. Cuttingboard

I wish Tom (LeatherSoul) would reorder this Alden from 2007 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this the medallion toe oxford? I would like some in cordovan black or whiskey for spring.

12. Cuttingboard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who wears brown shoes with gray pants. [​IMG]

13. Cuttingboard

I decided to condition & polish my regular rotation of brown shoes. I will probably do the shell cordovan next weekend. Sorry for the bad pics.

[​IMG]

Is that Lexol leather conditioner? Just curious because I heard that Lexol was a no-no for shoes.

14. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Is this the medallion toe oxford? I would like some in cordovan black or whiskey for spring.

The SF model?
    [​IMG]

"With the tremendous popularity of our SF Boot, we thought, why not make an SF Shoe? We have two versions in shell cordovan, #8 burgundy and black."

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/cat.../alden/page/5/

15. Rugger

Rugger Senior member

I just got two pairs of park avenues - big step for me coming from sweatpants and nikes.