• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely a great shoe

johnlobbcollection001la0jl.jpg

johnlobbcollection002la0er.jpg

johnlobbcollection003la5gg.jpg

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
von Rothbart...those are gorgeous. I can't even imagine how good they will look after the patina develops!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
This is the first time I've ever heard a certain style of shoe is part a nation's identity

What's about the Weejuns, my friend?

(at least you learn something new everyday) and that if you make some comments on it you insult that country
confused.gif

It's fine that one has learned something.

Btw, the Ludwig Reiter store looks so enchanting, it's so different from the usual upscale shopping locations like Madison Ave., Champs or Bond St. It seems the pictures of store add another dimension to the shoes, it gives them a sense of place and being and make them look more interesting. Looking forward to part 2 of the LR report.

Read my comment(above) twice. I fully admit, that this special Reiter store in Vienna is a jewel. In comparison to the bespoke shoe treasures in one of the capitals of shoemaking, Reiter is just another RTW producer on this planet with a nice shop. As soon as you have seen the work of the excellent craftsmen in this city, you'll ask: What's Reiter?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VR, I think my welt is bigger than yours. Interesting... I like yours much better.

Gladhatter

Reaction score
von Rothbart those are simply grand beautiful. Hope my wife is viewing.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
the new shoe collection is up at kiton.it. An amazing full brogue and suede captoe among others...
Thanks Bill.
smile.gif

I'll trade you two pair for your Koji (the existing exchange rate).
wink.gif

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I think the patina, after it develops naturally over time, will look spectacular. I am thinking of mirror shine the toe to create some contrast. I wasn't too crazy about the "Northstar" medallion at the beginning, but without it, it'd make the design too austere. Replacing it with a more tradition medallion, don't think it'll fit in with the streamline design.

Z, your welt does look bigger, don't know if it's the photo angle. I like the welt cutting closer to the upper, it's more elegant. What color is yours? It looks great in that color.

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Definitely a great shoe

johnlobbcollection003la5gg.jpg

I really like these but am not sure if that asterisk design on the toe is too playful looking for business purposes.

Gladhatter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
I really like these but am not sure if that asterisk design on the toe is too playful looking for business purposes.

Hrmm well I do love the shoes but not the asterisk design as well. Its not about too playful for me just I think I would prefer them plain toed but 100% of the rest including the color is just perfect.

Having said this I have looked time and again at the toe and wondered if I really would not like this as well should I experience it.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
What's about the Weejuns, my friend?

Plus cowboy boots which are uniquely America. I guess I may have a better understanding of your perspective. If I grew up (I didn't) wearing Weejuns or cowboy boots, I'd develop some kind of emotional bonds with that kind of styles of shoes like you did with Haferlschuhe.

Originally Posted by fritzl
But please, if you want to go on a sartorial journey, let me know. I'll give you a guided tour and afterwards, you'll say: What's Reiter?
laugh.gif

Cheers

Next time I am in Vienna, I'll take you up with your offer.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Thanks for the compliments. I think the patina, after it develops naturally over time, will look spectacular. I am thinking of mirror shine the toe to create some contrast. I wasn't too crazy about the "Northstar" medallion at the beginning, but without it, it'd make the design too austere. Replacing it with a more tradition medallion, don't think it'll fit in with the streamline design.

Z, your welt does look bigger, don't know if it's the photo angle. I like the welt cutting closer to the upper, it's more elegant. What color is yours? It looks great in that color.

I believe it's the Parisian brown museum calf

I also prefer a welt cutting closer to the upper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads