• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

minimal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
No, it's kind of a rounded square. I'm guessing Plaza? How can you tell?

Hm, that toe doesn't look like the Plaza toe either. It looks like a Barrie last with a special order toe. I saw something like this last year at the NYC Alden store.

Where did it come from?

mussel

Reaction score
Z, the Alden looks absolutely wonderful. It looks like the Plaza last to me, perhaps Bengal-stripes can chime in. I wonder, beside Carmel Fan shoes, how many special edition designs are out there. I know Shoemart of Norwalk CT has some special exclusive designs. I can see why Alden has such cult followings in Germany and Japan.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time,can you confirm me which finish/patina are your fantastic Luffield model?
As we share a passion for Jl , i'm going next week to Jermyn street to book 2 pairs....i'm torn now between Luffield and Becketts ....

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Time,can you confirm me which finish/patina are your fantastic Luffield model?
As we share a passion for Jl , i'm going next week to Jermyn street to book 2 pairs....i'm torn now between Luffield and Becketts ....

The Luffield I have is in Chestnut Musuem Calf. Please get both models and post pictures.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The Luffield I have is in Chestnut Musuem Calf
I'd love to see a pic of that one.
smile.gif

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I'd love to see a pic of that one.
smile.gif

In case you're not being facetious, you already have: Post #605, a few pages back, in this very topic.
laugh.gif

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad these Aldens do not come with oversized tassels with little silver bells on them.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My modest contribution to this thread. Just got these in the mail today: SF Tramezza Gherardo in Caffe Suede Calf.

tramsuecl6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics