• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
That is fast. Did you really order them last week?

Yes, late last week. I'm in the UK which may account for some of the speed and of course my charming manner.

lutfa

Reaction score
Thanks .I purchased them from Boyds which pick and choose there own modals and coloring. At one time purchsed also from NY until recently when they changed all the salesman completely who new what I liked and my size and would send pictures.The service was'nt always 100% but they made a serious effort.Boyds on the other hand Iwould deal with specific people who would get in trouble for you even with manager .The service was 100% with Boyds.The people who I knew by name anyway.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omegablogger
Yes, late last week. I'm in the UK which may account for some of the speed and of course my charming manner.

Ah, well that's a horse of a different color...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lutfa
Thanks .I purchased them from Boyds which pick and choose there own modals and coloring. At one time purchsed also from NY until recently when they changed all the salesman completely who new what I liked and my size and would send pictures.The service was'nt always 100% but they made a serious effort.Boyds on the other hand Iwould deal with specific people who would get in trouble for you even with manager .The service was 100% with Boyds.The people who I knew by name anyway.

Absolutely beautiful. Mind if I asked whether you paid full LE price, or do Boyds (where is it anyway?) have a good sale? I need to get me some of these. I want a good monk. I hope to get a Chapel or Jermyn II someday soon, but my these Santoni's are way sweet.

lutfa

Reaction score
I bit the bullet but they usually cheaper by two to three hundred dollers than NY.And between the two stores they have something made specially for them like samples .Sometimes I pay full asskicking verses bespokes because I can get exactly what I'm looking for style wise ,perfect balance in fit,balance in the look of the shoe not to long not to short and construction so why would I wait a vast amount of time to get something that I already found.And some shoes that I know cost quite a bit more Not very found of.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
another thing is, im having second thoughts about that santoni nyc sale last sunday.
i missed it, but are the sale shoes there as decadent as these shoes by lufta?
or were they some other type models? im still confused why this sale (if it was sale for these decadent type LE models like Lufta's) went hardly noticed?

Yes, they are "decadent." They have all the discontinued models, including discontinued FAM limited editions. The reason the goes unnoticed is because I don't think it's really announced. The truck comes in with a handful of discontinued models; they have the sale next day; and then it's over. That was my experience last weekend, anyway.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Yes, they are "decadent." They have all the discontinued models, including discontinued FAM limited editions. The reason the goes unnoticed is because I don't think it's really announced. The truck comes in with a handful of discontinued models; they have the sale next day; and then it's over. That was my experience last weekend, anyway.

Yes, I called and was told they have no idea what models or what sizes they will have for the sale. Ther person I spoke with also said the boxes are unmarket and people have to look through them to find the style and size. This is why he wouldn't take a phone order.
frown.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
All these Santoni talk is giving me FAM withdrawal.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
IMGP3482.jpg

bounce2.gif

curse you brother. now i must find a way to go to hongkong right away while santonis are still on sale!

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The UPS man called today with a little Sale time surprise.
laugh.gif
Cool post = it's like we were all along for the ride. Opening boxes is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads