• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG following the French?
eh.gif

http://www.edwardgreen.com/index.php...ull&news_id=71

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The medallion is very female anatomy. I really don't like the "ram's head" design.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When did EG actually put the catalogue online?
eh.gif
(And not bad photos either) Don't say they're going all modern and efficient on us, anyone would think there is a problem with the economy...

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear
Thanks for clearing that up.

JLP MTO is - because I'm just outside of their size range - a shoe where you guess your size and pay, without ever having tried it on. If it doesn't fit, then tough! I'm not sure I'd be willing to take that gamble.

Although the same must (quite rightly) apply to G & G, I assume that the guy you book an appointment with, is also the person who makes, or at least has the experience to oversee the making of your shoe. I would also imagine that G & G have the facility to more accurately measure your foot. I realize that MTO always involves a degree of risk. I'd just rather put myself in the hands of a shoemaker than a salesman.

Looks as though for MTO, G & G might be my safest bet.

Lear

I'd defintely recommend G&G for MTO - a lot cheaper than JLP Prestige and the quality is amazing. You can arrange an appointment at the Saville Row showroom - you can't just turn up though. Check out their website for options, and you'll find quite a few G&G MTO's in this thread. You won't regret it - I didn't!!!

DSC_0051.jpg

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got these awesome Mantellassi but they are 1/2 size too small.
frown.gif
Coming soon to B&S...

sm801.jpg

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger
I'd defintely recommend G&G for MTO - a lot cheaper than JLP Prestige and the quality is amazing. You can arrange an appointment at the Saville Row showroom - you can't just turn up though. Check out their website for options, and you'll find quite a few G&G MTO's in this thread. You won't regret it - I didn't!!!

Wow! Great pair of boots Pengranger. More like works of art. Have fun avoiding the suede, when you come to polishing the leather.

G & G is just a short train journey away; so, will probably will go this route. Besides, I've heard that their boxes are the nicest out there
smile.gif

Lear

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Really? Pics or it didn't happen.
Ah, now you've got me. There was a thread - couldn't have been more than a few weeks ago - about who provides the best cardboard boxes with their shoes. I seem to remember that G & G were highly rated. Mine all go in the bin regardless. Anyway, just one more pair of boots and I'm done, finished, complete, no more.... Lear

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger

DSC_0051.jpg

Wow, are these boots on a Doorstop last? I can use a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads