• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron

FENWAY

Reaction score
You have some skills my friend :slayer:

I'm so glad this project worked out J! Thanks for taking it on, hope we can do more

thatisgross

Reaction score
Been playing with some photography a bit so here's my @Deusis's custom color 2 horween shell wallet he made for me almost a year ago now. I use this everyday and it's developed an incredible shine. Thanks again man!

Deusis

Reaction score
Not necessary wallets but... deal with it.

Rocado SRL Emerald Green Shell Cordovan Women's Clutch Wallet. Super beastly wallet. Really thick and heavy. I need to stitch up the bottom corners so it stays shut a bit better.

Finished up some 22mm watch straps this weekend as well. Black Rocado SRL Shell and Natural Shinki Hikaku Shell.

Last edited:

Ccw55

Reaction score
Something a little bit different... Someone sent me a pair of vintage Alden 986s in Horween #8 Shell Cordovan and asked if I could try to make a card holder out of them. Here is the result. I documented my entire process from deconstruction, burnishing, hand stitching to edge finishing and added a bit of commentary as well. You can find that image album here. Incredibly fun project to do and I'm pleased with the results. Let me know your thoughts!

A little late to the party, but the album was immensely enjoyable to look through, cheers!!

Deusis

Reaction score
I've had tons of requests for a wallet with a money clip in it and I've had it on my list to make for the longest time so I finally did it on Friday. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and expect to make this a regular item I make. If you have any additional recommendations for changes... let me know! I made the prototype out of Horween #8.

Things I would change in the future are I think I might make it about .5" wider. It is easy enough to get the cards out right now but I think an extra .5" would make it even easier. I'd also extend the stitching on the exterior from around the card slots all the way to the stitching to secure the money clip. It would make it a bit more cohesive I think.
Right now I am testing out the prototype and have 10 cards and 5 bills and it is still quite thin (~.4" thick). I'm thinking this will be my go-to style for my own personal use going forward. I'll probably make it with an exterior of Horween #4 and interior slots of Whiskey shell cordovan.

I also just received some Horween #4 Shell Cordovan in so I'm excited to start some projects with that to share.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had tons of requests for a wallet with a money clip in it and I've had it on my list to make for the longest time so I finally did it on Friday. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and expect to make this a regular item I make. If you have any additional recommendations for changes... let me know! I made the prototype out of Horween #8. Things I would change in the future are I think I might make it about .5" wider. It is easy enough to get the cards out right now but I think an extra .5" would make it even easier. I'd also extend the stitching on the exterior from around the card slots all the way to the stitching to secure the money clip. It would make it a bit more cohesive I think. Right now I am testing out the prototype and have 10 cards and 5 bills and it is still quite thin (~.4" thick). I'm thinking this will be my go-to style for my own personal use going forward. I'll probably make it with an exterior of Horween #4 and interior slots of Whiskey shell cordovan. I also just received some Horween #4 Shell Cordovan in so I'm excited to start some projects with that to share.
Have a friend looking for this exact thing. Will pass along.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Something a little bit different... Someone sent me a pair of vintage Alden 986s in Horween #8 Shell Cordovan and asked if I could try to make a card holder out of them. Here is the result. I documented my entire process from deconstruction, burnishing, hand stitching to edge finishing and added a bit of commentary as well. You can find that image album here. Incredibly fun project to do and I'm pleased with the results. Let me know your thoughts!
this is wild! great imagination, even better execution. well done

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics