• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Shark-Fin"/Extreme Cutaway Collars

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here, but I'd rather not get into that introduction silliness.
I have a rather simple question to ask all of you, so I'll get on with it. I especially like the collar on Udeshi's shirt that's often called a "shark fin" and also the one on RLPL's Keaton shirt. However, the prices for both of these shirts are far greater than the price of a Jantzen or even other MTM shirts; the Udeshi costs $165 ($195 with shipping from BestofBritishshirts.com) and the Keaton is on sale right now for $195 (at least $210 with shipping from Polo.com). Can any of you direct me to a shirt with a similar style collar and fit for a somewhat more reasonable price, considering that it is an OTR shirt? I'd prefer not to spend more than $150 for such a shirt, since I only want to wear it in order to differentiate myself from the buttondown-clad regulars at Princeton.

Thanks in advance.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably gonna have to either drop the two hundred, or order it from janzten and hope it comes in sometime soon.

you might want to try checking to see if Carl from CEGO can do you one.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Frederick carried some shirts with the curved cut away collars. Not the same as Udeshi - but maybe more affordable for you.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they did, I can't find them on the website. I think I'll just shell out the cash for the Udeshi.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not super-extreme, but CT has some:

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/product.as...ProCode=SCPOSK

SCPOSK_2.jpg

Warning, they are cut pretty big.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
P.S. If you like contrasting white collar/cuffs, you could have that collar put on any shirt you like.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help but I was actually looking for something slimmer fitting than CT. Plus I hear contrasting statements about their quality.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
Thanks for the help but I was actually looking for something slimmer fitting than CT. Plus I hear contrasting statements about their quality.
In that case you should also remember that Polo.com pins all their shirts so the RLPL option isn't going to be that slim either - though it will be slimmer than CT.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I understand that. It's actually quite obvious the shirts don't fit like that, as they couldn't look exactly the same on different models. The fit is, according to customer service, between the custom-fit and classic-fit of PRL. I really don't want to drive to DC so I'll take their word for it. I'm actually leaning towards the UDESHI as they no longer have my size on Polo.com.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just check Ebay often, RLPL shirts are on there by the hundreds every month.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would, but I don't know how to authenticate them. Could you help me with that?

kdsvs

Reaction score

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
If Jantzen doesn't take forever, or lose your order.
tongue.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads