• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shape of my face? Which haircut to get?

Flathead

Reaction score
Hi there,
this is my first thread, this far I've been just sucking up information here.
smile.gif

So, I've always had longer hair then avarege guy (emo hair). And the last year I've been shaving my head. So basically I've just had two haircuts in my life. Girls my age(15-16 that time) said that longer looked better, probobly cause I looked bit like an emo(no, I'm not). I cut it because I was sick of the problems from the hair. . So guys could you tell me what shape my face has, and what haircut would look good on me. Right now I'm thinking of something like Jerry O'Connel has. He has a bigger than avarega nose like me, so maybe it would look ok.
Bonus question - I have dark brown eye, what colour shirts/sweater would look good?
Thanks everyone who helped me.
I'm 6', 170lbs(working out to get to ~190) and 17 y/o, if it matters.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flathead
Idiot.
eh.gif

Any serious advice?

It depends. Please give some more information. Here are some questions:

- Who do you want to be (i.e. Donald Trump or Crocodile Dundee).
- A conservative or a more sportive character?
- Or an artificial character?
- Do you want to change the colour?
- do you have enogh time for styling?

What is a emo?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flathead
Idiot.
eh.gif
Any serious advice?

You could easily argue that you are the bigger idiot for an immaturely harsh response in a thread in the wrong section of the forum. See you'll notice that people here post about Men’s Clothing, not the ubiquitous "what hair cut should I get" thread that goes in the Body Consciousness section of the forum http://www.styleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6 If you don't take this forum seriously and spending a few minutes reading through all the different places is has offer, why should we take this thread seriously? Also, before you go "knee jerk" that this was bad advice, maybe it was sound. You're face is quite defined, almost somewhat harsh from the picture. So longer "emo" hair may suit your face better than the grown out buzz cut you have now, it will soften the lines of your face and likely is why you're friend liked the older haircut better. If you have cowlicks it's usually better to either grown your hair out long enough so you can style them to be less apparent or go very short buzzed which will get rid of them. Anyway, right now you look fairly unapproachable, especially to the cute 15-16 year old girls. Your poor attitude doesn't help out with this either.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to one of the hair sites for such advise - and a little humility might assist.

BYucko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
You could easily argue that you are the bigger idiot for an immaturely harsh response in a thread in the wrong section of the forum. See you'll notice that people here post about Men’s Clothing, not the ubiquitous "what hair cut should I get" thread that goes in the Body Consciousness section of the forum http://www.styleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6 If you don't take this forum seriously and spending a few minutes reading through all the different places is has offer, why should we take this thread seriously?

Also, before you go "knee jerk" that this was bad advice, maybe it was sound. You're face is quite defined, almost somewhat harsh from the picture. So longer "emo" hair may suit your face better than the grown out buzz cut you have now, it will soften the lines of your face and likely is why you're friend liked the older haircut better. If you have cowlicks it's usually better to either grown your hair out long enough so you can style them to be less apparent or go very short buzzed which will get rid of them.

Anyway, right now you look fairly unapproachable, especially to the cute 15-16 year old girls. Your poor attitude doesn't help out with this either.

Word.

God, I haven't seen someone get owned this hard in so, so long.

Thank you, sir.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to go to a really good hairdresser, basically describe what you want and then trust him. Now there is the problem of finding a really good hairdresser... which is not a small one. I know one... if you want to go to Berlin to get your hair cut. I've been to him just once, but I vaguely described what I wanted and what I didn't like about my (then) current haircut and I hadn't even finished when he nodded and interrupted me: 'I think I know what you want. Do you trust me?' Well, I liked the styling and atmosphere of the shop and he seemed like a reasonable guy, so I let him do his thing. I liked the result very much. It's like good bespoke.
Originally Posted by BYucko
Word. God, I haven't seen someone get owned this hard in so, so long. Thank you, sir.
I strongly disagree. God, it might not be the uber-super way of posting this question but why be so harsh on him? I don't understand this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads